Immediate vacancies available
Apprenticeships, Traineeships and Full-time Courses across the South
Almost every company and organisation employs administrative assistants. Most administration roles will involve carrying out clerical and other duties in support of the business you work for. If you’re well organised, pay close attention to detail and like being part of a team, then a Business Administration job could suit you perfectly. Business Administration includes job titles such as administrators, office juniors, receptionists/medical receptionists, junior legal secretaries or junior medical secretaries. Your duties may vary but typically, you’ll:
- deal with incoming and outgoing post
- answer telephone, email and social media enquiries
- cover reception duties, like greeting and looking after visitors
- type up documents, for example letters and reports
- update computer records
- use office equipment such as printers, photocopiers and fax machines
- stock take and re-order supplies
- set up meetings and take ‘minutes’
- make travel arrangements for staff.
You’ll need a good standard of general education, normally including GCSEs in Maths and English. You’ll also need good telephone and keyboard skills, together with the ability to use common office computer programs.
- Salaries can be between £14,000 and £18,000 a year, depending on where you work and your responsibilities.
- Experienced workers can earn from £19,000 to £23,000 a year.
Figures are supplied by the National Careers Service and are intended as a guideline only.
How can HTP Apprenticeship College help me get a job in the Business Administration sector?
HTP Apprenticeship College offers three great ways to start your career:
- Full-time Courses are available at Level 2.
- Traineeships, where you undertake work experience to make sure the industry is right for you
- Apprenticeships where you will be earning and learning right from the start.
You don’t need any previous experience or qualifications to start a Business Administration programme with HTP although good GCSE grades in Maths and English will be beneficial.
Thousands of young people have succeeded with an Apprenticeship through HTP. You could too!
Dan Pickles completed his Advanced Apprenticeship at Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust in their Communications Department
Congratulations to these young people who have recently succeeded in Business Administration with HTP Apprenticeship College:
- Katie Ellson
- Georgia Fifields
- Samuel Bhikoo
- Jude Gladstone
- Charlotte Dean
- Codie Harrison
- Georgia Osborne
- Charlie Jackson
- Karenza Leavold
- Chloe Bruce
- Leah Johnson
- Emma Waterman
Get started today – your way
There are three great ways you can begin your career in Business Administration through HTP Apprenticeship College.
Choosing the right one for you depends on how ready you are to start work.
Get straight into workReady to start or progress your career in Business Administration? Why not earn while you learn and gain nationally-recognised qualifications with an HTP Apprenticeship. The first stage is usually an ‘Intermediate’ Apprenticeship and if after that, you want to gain more qualifications, you can progress onto an Advanced Apprenticeship.
- Level 2 Diploma in Business and Administration
- Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT (if you do not already have GCSE at Grades C or above)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills
Advanced / Higher Apprenticeships
- Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT (you will exempt if you already have GCSE at Grades C or above in these subjects)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills
- Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Business Administration
- Level 4 Diploma in Business Administration
Get some experience firstNot sure if Business Administration is right for you? No problem. Try out working and gaining skills in a real business for 6 weeks–6 months and find out. If it isn’t right, we can help you find another one! A Traineeship is a great way to get work experience, gain skills and knowledge, and progress onto a full Apprenticeship or other employment.
HTP Apprentivceship College works with a large number of employers who will offer a keen young person a chance to demonstrate their potential with a view to taking them on as an Apprentice. HTP will help find you the right potential employer for you and get you underway. When you are on work experience you may get some expenses towards things like travel and meals. On a Traineeship you will:
- get a minimum of 6 weeks work experience
- take part in classroom-based training at one of our training centres to help you prepare for work
- have the chance to achieve maths and English qualifications (if you need to)
- receive all the information, advice and guidance you need to get your career underway
After your Traineeship
Get ready and confidentMany young people would like to feel more prepared or confident before applying for a job. That’s where our career-focused Full-time Course in Business Administration comes in. It’s not like being at school or college, and the course includes work experience with a local company so you gain practical workplace skills and knowledge.
This Full-time Course
You’ll be based at our Riverbank Campus at Little London in Newport on the Isle of Wight, where you will undertake the Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration along with work experience with a local employer. Some of things you’ll learn on this course include:
- the principles or Providing Administrative Services
- the principles of Business Document Production and Information Management
- how to manage Personal Performance and Development
- collating and reporting data
- storing and retrieving information
- producing business documents
- using software
- the different types of office equipment
After your Full-time Course
Call us now • IoW: 01983 533926 • Portsmouth: 02392 374752