Immediate vacancies available
Apprenticeships, Traineeships and Full-time Courses across the South
- The starting salary for junior or trainee positions is from £10,000 to £14,000 a year, depending on age.
- Qualified and experienced workers can earn between £15,000 and £22,000, depending on responsibilities.
Figures are supplied by the National Careers Service and are intended as a guideline only.
How can HTP help me get a job in ChildCare?
You don’t need any previous experience or qualifications to start a Childcare programme with HTP Apprenticeship College, although you will need to have achieved a minimum of Grade C in English and Maths on completion of training to secure employment. HTP offers three great ways to start your career:
- Full-time Courses are available at Levels 1, 2 and 3.
- Traineeships, where you undertake work experience to make sure the Childcare industry is right for you
- Apprenticeships where you will be earning and learning right from the start.
Thousands of young people have succeeded with an Apprenticeship through HTP. You could too!
Chelsea Eldridge progressed into full-time employment after completing her Level 2 and 3 Childcare qualifications with HTP Apprenticeship College.
Get started today – your way
There are three great ways you can begin your career in ChildCare through HTP Apprenticeship College. Choosing the right one for you depends on how ready you are to start work.
Get straight into workGain nationally recognised qualifications to progress your career in the Childcare sector. If you have suitable experience and qualifications or you are already employed in a suitable job role – an apprenticeship could be ideal. The usual first stage is an ‘Intermediate’ Apprenticeship and if after that you will progress onto an Advanced Apprenticeship.
- Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
- Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if you do not already have GCSE at Grades C or above)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills
- Level 3 Diploma in Children’s Learning and Development
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (you will exempt if you already have GCSE at Grades C or above in these subjects)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills
Get some experience firstNot sure if Childcare is right for you? No problem. Try out working and gaining skills in a real business for 6 weeks – 6 months and find out if it is. If for any reason it isn’t, we can help you find another one! A Traineeship a great way to get a taste of a real workplace, gain experience and skills, and progress onto a full Apprenticeship or other employment.
Starting work can be quite daunting and not everyone knows what they want to do. That’s one reason why the government created Traineeships – to let you ‘try out’ working in a business or other organisation to see if it’s right for you. A Traineeship a great way to get a taste of a real workplace, gain experience and skills, and progress onto a full Apprenticeship or other employment. On a Traineeship with HTP Training, you will:
- Get a minimum of 6 weeks Work Experience
- Take part in classroom-based training at one of our training centres to help you prepare for work
- When you are on work experience you may get some expenses towards things like travel and meals
- The chance to achieve maths and English qualifications (if you need to)
After your Traineeship
Get ready and confidentTo be employed in the industry, employers need people with suitable qualifications and experience. That’s where our career-focused Full-time Courses come in delivered from our Skills Centre in Newport on the Isle of Wight. They’re not like being at school or college and include work experience with a local employer to gain practical workplace skills and knowledge.
This Full-time Course
You’ll be based at one of our Skills Centre at Little London in Newport on the Isle of Wight, where you will undertake the Level 2 Certificate for the Children’s and Young Peoples Workforce along with work experience with a local employer. Some of things you’ll learn on this course include:
- Health and Safety
- Introduction to the development of children’s play
- Paediatric Illness, Injury and Emergency First Aid
- Child and Young Person Development
- Safeguarding the Welfare of Children and Young People
After your Full-time Course
Call us now • IoW: 01983 533926 • Portsmouth: 02392 374752