Immediate vacancies available
Apprenticeships, Traineeships and Full-time Courses across the South
Customer service is about providing a great experience for customers to ensure they are satisfied with a product or service. To be successful you will need to be friendly and helpful to encourage repeat business. To remain competitive, employers are keen to recruit more young people who can be trained to a high standard, achieve qualifications and make a real difference to the business in which they work.
As a Customer Service Apprentice, you will probably work at the ‘front-end’ of an employers business activities and regularly assist customers. Duties will vary between employers, but in most cases you will be dealing with customers in a positive, reliable and pleasant way – whether by offering advice, answering questions or handling complaints.
To properly assist customers, you will need a good knowledge of your organisations products and services, along with good communication skills.
Earnings for qualified staff can range from £13,000 to £30,000 a year.
Figures are supplied by the National Careers Service and are intended as a guideline only.
How can HTP help me get a job in Customer Service?
You don’t need any previous experience or qualifications to start a Customer Service programme with HTP Apprenticeship College, although good grades in Maths and English will be beneficial.
Thousands of young people have succeeded with an Apprenticeship through HTP. You could too!
Get started today – your way
There are two great ways you can begin your career in Customer Service through HTP Apprenticeship College. Choosing the right one for you depends on how ready you are to start work.
Get straight into workReady to start or progress your career in Customer Service? Why not earn while you learn and gain nationally-recognised qualifications with an HTP Apprenticeship – the best way to get straight into the workplace. The first stage usually is an ‘Intermediate’ Apprenticeship and if after that, you want to gain more qualifications, you can progress onto an Advanced Apprenticeship.
- BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service
- Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if you do not already have GCSE at Grades C or above)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Level 3 BTEC Diploma Customer Service
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (you will exempt if you already have GCSE at Grades C or above in these subjects)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Get some experience firstNot sure if working in Customer Service is for you? No problem. Try out working and gaining skills in a real business for 6 weeks – 6 months and find out if it is. If for any reason it isn’t, we can help you find another one! A Traineeship a great way to get a taste of a real workplace, gain experience and skills, and progress onto a full Apprenticeship or other employment.
- get a minimum of 6 weeks work experience
- take part in classroom-based training at one of our training centres to help you prepare for work
- have the chance to achieve maths and English qualifications (if you need to)
- receive all the information, advice and guidance you need to get your career underway
After your Traineeship
Call us now • IoW: 01983 533926 • Portsmouth: 02392 374752