Immediate vacancies available
Apprenticeships, Traineeships and Full-time Courses across the South
- Full-time salaries for waiting staff can be around £12,000 to £16,000 a year. With experience and extra responsibilities it’s possible to earn between £17,000 and £20,000.
- Many waiters and waitresses are paid by the hour. Income may be increased by tips.
Figures are supplied by the National Careers Service and are intended as a guideline only.
How can HTP Apprenticeship College help me get a job in Hospitality?
You don’t need any previous experience or qualifications to start a Hospitality programme with HTP Apprenticeship College, although good grades in maths and English will be beneficial. We offer two great ways to start your career. Firstly, Traineeships where you undertake work experience to make sure the industry is right for you, or an Apprenticeship where you will be earning and learning right from the start.
Thousands of young people have succeeded with an Apprenticeship through HTP Apprenticeship College. You could too!
Get started today – your way
There are two great ways you can begin your career in Hospitality through HTP Apprenticeship College. Choosing the right one for you depends on how ready you are to start work.
Get straight into work
Ready to start a career in Hospitality? Why not earn while you learn and gain nationally-recognised qualifications with an HTP Apprenticeship – the best way to get straight into the workplace. The first stage is usually an ‘Intermediate’ Apprenticeship and if after that, you want to gain more qualifications, you can progress onto an Advanced Apprenticeship.
There are a number of different Intermediate Apprenticeships available in Hospitality. They include:
- Food Service
- Beverage Service
- Food and Beverage Service
- Hospitality Services
- Front of House Reception
Each Apprenticeship comprises several qualifications. These are:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Food, Beverage or Food and Beverage Service, Housekeeping, Hospitality Services or Front of House Reception
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles
- Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if you do not already have GCSE at Grades C or above)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills
Advanced / Higher Apprenticeships
- Level 3 Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership
- Level 3 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English (you will be exempt if you already have GCSE at Grades C or above in these subjects)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills
- Level 4 Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Level 4 Diploma in Principles of Hospitality Management
Get some experience first
Not sure what career is right for you? No problem. Try out working and gaining skills in a real business for 6 weeks to 6 months and find out if it’s suitable for you. If for any reason it isn’t, we can help you find another one! A Traineeship a great way to get a taste of a real workplace, gain experience and skills, and progress onto a full Apprenticeship or other employment.
HTP Training works with a large number of hotels, pubs and restaurants who will offer a keen young person a chance to get into the industry. HTP will help find the right potential employer for you and get you underway. When on work experience you may get some expenses towards things like travel and meals.
On a Traineeship you will:
- get a minimum of 6 weeks work experience
- take part in classroom-based training at one of our training centres to help you prepare for work
- have the chance to achieve maths and English qualifications (if you need to)
- you will receive an exit interview with the employer who provided the work placement if you don’t progress on to an Apprenticeship or other employment
- receive all the information, advice and guidance you need to get your career underway
After your Traineeship
After you have completed your Traineeship you will progress on to your Apprenticeship or into other employment.
Call us now • IoW: 01983 533926 • Portsmouth: 02392 374752