Immediate vacancies available
Apprenticeships, Traineeships and Full-time Courses across the South
- carrying out basic treatments, such as manicures and pedicures
- cleaning and filing nails
- applying false nails or extensions
- decorating nails with coloured varnish, transfers, gems or glitter
- painting designs onto nails with an airbrush (by hand or using a stencil)
- repairing, looking after and removing false nails and extensions
- checking for any signs of skin or nail problems before treatment.
You will also give clients advice about looking after their nails and recommend nail care products. Health and safety is an extremely important part of the work. You need to make sure that you use and store chemicals and varnishes correctly, use tools carefully and follow strict hygiene procedures to prevent damage or infection to your clients’ natural nails.
- Nail technicians can earn from £12,000 to around £16,000 a year.
- Experienced nail technicians can earn up to £25,000 a year.
Figures are supplied by the National Careers Service and are intended as a guideline only.
How can HTP Apprenticeship College help me get a job in Nail Technology?
HTP Apprenticeship College offers 3 great ways to enable you to start a career. A Full-time Course, a Traineeship where you undertake work experience to make sure the sector is right for you, or an Apprenticeship where you will be earning and learning right from the start. You don’t need any previous experience or qualifications to start a Nail Technology programme with HTP Apprenticeship College, although good grades in maths and English will be beneficial.
Thousands of young people have succeeded with an Apprenticeship through HTP. You could too!
Get started today – your way
There are 3 great ways you can begin your career in Nail Technology through HTP Apprenticeship College. Choosing the right one for you depends on how ready you are to start work.
Get straight into work
If you’re keen to get a nationally recognised qualifications for your job in the Nail industry. An Apprenticeship with HTP Apprenticeship College can help you achieve this and all in the workplace. The usual first stage is an ‘Intermediate’ Apprenticeship and if, after that, you want to gain more qualifications, you can progress onto an Advanced Apprenticeship.
- Level 2 NVQ in Nail Services
- Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if you do not already have GCSE at Grades C or above)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills
- Level 3 NVQ in Nail Services
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (you will exempt if you already have GCSE at Grades C or above in these subjects)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills
Get some experience firstNot sure if the Nail industry is right for you? No problem. Try out working and gaining skills in a real business for 6 weeks – 6 months and find out if it is. If for any reason it isn’t, we can help you find another one! A Traineeship a great way to get a taste of a real workplace, gain experience and skills, and progress onto a full Apprenticeship or other employment.
- get a minimum of 6 weeks work experience
- take part in classroom-based training at one of our training centres to help you prepare for work
- have the chance to achieve maths and English qualifications (if you need to)
- receive all the information, advice and guidance you need to get your career underway
After your Traineeship
Get ready and confidentMany young people would like to feel more prepared or confident about starting work before applying for a job. That’s where our Full-time Course in Nail Services comes in. Here you to take advantage of our real training salon and learn the latest techniques. Employers in the sector want experience and qualifications too and so a full-time course is a great way to start.
This Full-time Course
- Working in the beauty related industry
- Follow health and safety practice in the salon
- Client care and communication
- Promote products and services to clients
- Salon reception duties
- Provide manicure and pedicure treatments
- Provide and maintain nail enhancements
- Provide nail art
- Provide facial skin care
- Provide eyelash and brow treatments
- Display stock to promote sales
After your Full-time Course
Call us now • IoW: 01983 533926 • Portsmouth: 02392 374752