• Newport, Isle of Wight •
If you are looking for a new opportunity to earn while you learn, HTP could have the Apprenticeship for you!
The Island Equestrian Centre are offering a Level 2 apprenticeship in Horse Care and Riding.
Starting on a traineeship with a full training allowance you will spend the first 8 weeks making sure working in the horse industry is right for you. You will then move onto a fully employed apprenticeship in September.
Main duties will include:
- Mucking out,
- Keeping the yard tidy,
- Tacking up,
- Assisting with lessons.
Units you would cover starting in September would include:
- Clean and maintain stables,
- Provide feed and water to horses,
- Carry out routine care and monitor the health and well-being of horses,
- Restrain horses using specified methods,
- Monitoring and maintaining health and safety,
- Maintain and develop personal performance,
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others,
- Fit and remove horse clothing.
- No previous qualifications are needed.
- Attention to detail,
- Task driven,
- Possess an enthusiastic and outgoing personality,
- Willing to train to obtain further experience and qualifications,
- Friendly with a professional communications/customer service approach,
- Enjoy working outside in all weathers,
- Have a passion for horses,
- Be able to take and follow direct instructions,
- Be able to work independently and in a team,
- be flexible on working times.
In return you would receive:
- Working in a friendly and supported environment,
- Have a wage,
- Lessons and hacks out,
- Full training and support with your qualification.
- National Apprenticeship Wage.
- The Traineeship start date will be July, ready to start an apprenticeship after the school holidays in mid September.
Enquire about this vacancy
Post expires at 5:00pm on Sunday June 30th, 2019