'My Apprenticeship gave me the opportunity to achieve my goals and aspirations.'
Each year thousands of people in the UK embark on an Apprenticeship to start or progress their chosen career. An Apprenticeship will make a real difference to you as a person – and develop your future prospects.
HTP Apprenticeship College offers Apprenticeships at three levels:
- Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)
- Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)
- Higher Apprenticeship (Levels 4 & 5)
Most learners start on an Intermediate Apprenticeship before progressing to the Advanced level. Apprenticeships are related to higher level occupational roles, such as supervisor or manager. Higher Apprenticeships offer a great alternative to Further and Higher Education.
|Name||Level||Equivalent educational level|
|Intermediate||2||5 GCSE passes at grades A* to C|
|Advanced||3||2 A Level passes|
|Higher||4 and 5||Foundation Degree and above|
|Degree||6 and 7||Batchelor's or Master's Degree|
- not be in any other full-time education
- not have completed a full Level 4 or higher qualification or equivalent (unless undertaking some Higher Apprenticeships)
- have been resident in the UK / EEA for the last three years.
Note: You can apply for an Apprenticeship while you’re still at school.
But what if I’m already working?
Many people think that if you are already in work you can’t undertake an Apprenticeship, but that’s not the case. If you’re 16-23 and already employed – either full-time or part time – you can gain nationally recognised qualifications from Level 2 to Level 5 that can really help to improve your career prospects and confidence. In most cases this is at no cost to you or your employer – and it won’t affect your current salary.
You can enrol at any time and you’ll be fully supported at each stage by our qualified Training Consultants. We’ll come to your workplace and explain all the options to you and your employer, so you can choose the Apprenticeship qualifications which will benefit both you and the business.
- Contact us by phone or via our Contact Form
- We’ll talk to you about your options and, if necessary, help you to complete an HTP Application Form.
- We’ll help you find an appropriate Apprenticeship placement with an employer, and get you started as soon as you’re ready.
You’ll be paid during your Apprenticeship. You’re entitled to the National Minimum Wage for an Apprentice, currently (from April 1st 2018) this is £3.70 per hour. This rate applies to apprentices aged 16 to 18 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. If you’re an apprentice aged 19 or over and have completed your first year you must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for your age
- your normal working hours (minimum 30 hours per week)
- any training that’s part of your Apprenticeship
Thousands of young people have succeeded with an Apprenticeship through HTP Apprenticeship College. You could too!
Immediate vacancies availableWe have many Apprenticeship and Traineeship opportunities available across the South and IOW right now – in all types of businesses.
Call us now • IoW: 01983 533926 • Portsmouth: 02392 374752