• Arreton, Isle of Wight •
If you are looking for a new opportunity to earn while you learn, HTP could have the Apprenticeship for you!
Work in an active manufacturing environment within the security and defence industry.
At ASL GRP they design and manufacture armour systems for vehicles, marine craft and buildings. Products range from flat armour panels to moulded blast protection. They supply to the MOD and Police forces, private security companies, building contractors and the super yacht industry.
Main duties will include:
- Work from templates to cut materials,
- Stitching layers of ballistic materials using an industrial sewing machine,
- Ensure high standards of work,
- Label items correctly with company names,
- Estimating material quantities and production times,
- Maintain machinery.
- No previous qualifications are needed.
- Attention to detail,
- Task driven,
- Possess an enthusiastic and outgoing personality,
- Willing to train to obtain further experience and qualifications,
- Friendly with a professional communications/customer service approach.
In return you would receive:
- Full time enhanced work experience – 30 hours per week, moving onto full time paid employment after a trail period.
- Overtime if required,
- Full training package,
- A great team to work with.
- A generous allowance is being offered for the Traineeship including a training, travel, clothing and food allowance.
- The Traineeship start date will be the 3rd of June 2019.
This position is being offered initially as a non-employed Traineeship supported by HTP Apprenticeship College to see if you enjoy the work then moving onto a full time permanent position if both parties are happy to progress.
Enquire about this vacancy
Post expires at 5:00pm on Friday May 24th, 2019