• Cowes, Isle of Wight •
If you are looking for a new opportunity to earn while you learn, HTP could have the Apprenticeship for you!
Harbour Kitchen is located on the High Street in the heart if Cowes. The owners aim is to provide an inexpensive cafe, bar and dining experience which is why they went for the tag line ‘Cafe / Bar / Bistro’.
At HK they are passionate about making delicious food and great drinks for everyone to enjoy in a warm, relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Wherever possible local ingredients are sourced. The HK is proud to say that its beef burgers are always 100% Isle of Wight beef.
Hardbour Kitchen are now looking to recruit a new apprentice Production Chef and so if you have a genuine passion for creating fresh food, this wight be the perfect opportunity for you!
- Prepare, cook and present food;
- Keep kitchen clean and tidy at all times;
- To adhere to the principles of food hygiene and safety standards;
- Team work, assisting in other departments when necessary;
- Stock control and ordering;
- Carry out instructions as given by the Head Chef and management;
- Well-presented and ready to work.
- Learners are required to be 16 years of age or above and have a basic level of English and Maths.
- To be able to work under pressure,
- Good time keeping;
- Quick learner.
- To work as part of a team;
- Good communication skills;
- Be patient and calm and have the ability to work under pressure;
- Have a genuine interest for working as a Professional Chef;
- Flexibility to work to meet the needs of the business.
- Level 2 or 3 Production Chef Apprenticeship Standard (dependant on the candidates starting level);
- Maths & English functional skills (if required);
- Employability skills;
- A dedicated HTP training consultant to up skill and develop you to successfully complete your End Point Assessment.
- Apprenticeship Wage + Travel (negotiable upon experience)
Expected Apprenticeship Duration:
- 13 months.
Possible Start Date:
- 02 March 2020