Level 4 Certificate in Education
The Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training has been designed to prepare trainee teachers to teach in a wide range of contexts and develop practical teaching skills. Topics covered include:
- The delivery of teaching or training;
- Planning to meet the needs of learners;
- Assessing learners;
- Using resources in education and training.
Who is the qualification for?
The Certificate can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, including:
- Individuals who are not currently teaching and training, but who can meet the practice requirements, including the observed and assessed practice requirements, of the qualification;
- Individuals who are currently teaching and training, including those who have just begun teaching and training, and who can meet the practice requirements, including the observed and assessed practice requirements of the qualification;
- Individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a teaching qualification.
How could you progress?
Learners can progress onto the BTEC Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training.
The course is informal and highly participative with active discussion, exchange of ideas, exercises, group work and practice sessions. The course facilitators are all accredited tutors and assessors and may be delivered at the client’s venue or an HTP training centre.
How will you be assessed?
Assessment will be via an assignment and observation of teaching, one of which will be graded to Ofsted Guidelines.
No formal entry requirements although candidates will be required to have sufficient levels of language and literacy skills in order to complete the qualification.
HTP’s Professional Development Centres or In-House subject to min. numbers
£1500 plus VAT
Print this Course
Click to open full details as an A4 printable pdf.
Call us now • IoW: 01983 533926 • Portsmouth: 02392 374752