City & Guild Level 1 Diploma for Caring for ChildrenFull-Time Course
If you enjoy looking after babies and helping young children develop and learn, a career in childcare could be perfect for you. There are approximately 2.7 million people working with children and young people in England. A successful Childcare employee must be a good communicator, efficient, patient, flexible and have the ability to work with children and young people safely.
This qualifications provide an introduction to caring for children and help develop the skills and knowledge learners need to care for children. Learners will cover topics such as communicating with children, engaging children through activities, supporting learning and planning for the care of children’s physical and emotional needs.
No formal entry requirements.
September – July
The Learning Journey
Training and development will take place during this part of the course at an HTP Apprenticeship College Campus. In addition, you will undertake work experience with an employer chosen to meet your needs and aspirations.
Whilst at HTP you will also receive training and support to enable you to improve your Maths and English skills. There are a range of qualification levels available, including GCSE, and you will work towards the qualification which is most suitable for you.
What you'll learn while on-programme
Mandatory modules you will need to cover include:
- Growth and development of young children;
- Sharing learning experiences with children;
- Human growth and development;
- Respecting and valuing children;
- Preparing for your next steps;
- Craft activities for young children;
- Musical activities for young children;
- Practical heath and safety when with young children;
- Finding out about forest schools;
- Understanding learning and development through play;
- Contribute to own healthy living;
- Exploring a vocational area for own development;
- Self development;
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people.
In order to achieve this qualification, candidates must show that they meet the relevant outcomes and the required knowledge and understanding. This will be achieved by completing Multiple Choice Tests and Practical assignments.
Certificates will be awarded for each qualification achieved.
On successful completion of this course you will have the opportunity to progress onto the following:
Call us now • IoW: 01983 533926 • Portsmouth: 02392 374752