Level 2 Certificate for the Children & Young People's WorkforceFull-Time Course
The aim of the qualification is to contribute to the skills, knowledge and overall performance of the Child Care industry. It continues to provide an insight into the principles and processes of the delivery of Children’s Care, Learning and Development and will aid career progression.
By undertaking the qualification your strengths can be built on and training and development can be focused on areas which can be improved. You can prepare and plan your qualification to fit in with work and personal commitments and upon successful completion you will receive a nationally recognised certificate demonstrating your competence.
No formal entry requirements.
September – July
The Learning Journey
Training and development will take place during this part of the course at an HTP Apprenticeship College Campus. In addition, you will undertake work experience with an employer chosen to meet your needs and aspirations.
Whilst at HTP you will also receive training and support to enable you to improve your Maths and English skills. There are a range of qualification levels available, including GCSE, and you will work towards the qualification which is most suitable for you.
What you'll learn while on-programme
Mandatory modules you will need to cover include:
- Contribute to the support of child and young person development;
- Contribute to children and young people’s health and safety;
- Contribute to the support of positive environments for children and young people;
- Understand partnership working in services for children and young people;
- Introduction to communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings;
- Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings;
- Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings;
- Child and young person development;
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people;
- Maintain and support relationships with children and young people;
- Support children and young people’s positive behaviour;
- Contribute to the support of children’s creative development;
- Support children and young people at meal or snack times.
In order to achieve this qualification, candidates must show that they meet the relevant outcomes and the required knowledge and understanding. This will be achieved by completing Multiple Choice Tests and Practical assignments.
Certificates will be awarded for each qualification achieved.
On successful completion of this course you will have the opportunity to progress onto the following:
Call us now • IoW: 01983 533926 • Portsmouth: 02392 374752