Level 3 Diploma in Children's Learning & DevelopmentFull-Time Course
The Level 3 Diploma in Children’s Learning and Development (Early Years Educator) is for you if you work or want to work in face-to-face roles with children and young people (from 0-16 years) and their families.
The aim of the qualification is to contribute to the skills, knowledge and overall performance of the Child Care industry. The qualification will require learners to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of early years and care.
Learners must have already achieved an appropriate Level 2 qualification.
September – July
The Learning Journey
Training and development will take place during this part of the course at an HTP Apprenticeship College Campus. In addition, you will undertake work experience with an employer chosen to meet your needs and aspirations.
Whilst at HTP you will also receive training and support to enable you to improve your Maths and English skills. There are a range of qualification levels available, including GCSE, and you will work towards the qualification which is most suitable for you.
What you'll learn while on-programme
Mandatory modules you will need to cover include:
- Understand children’s early years education and development;
- Implementing early years foundation stage;
- Diversity, equality and inclusion in early years settings;
- Plan and provide effective teaching and learning in early years settings;
- make accurate and productive use of assessment in early years settings;
- Partnership working in early years;
- Support children’s outdoor play;
- Child protection and safeguarding.
In order to achieve this qualification, candidates must show that they meet the relevant outcomes and the required knowledge and understanding. This will be achieved by completing Multiple Choice Tests and Practical assignments.
Certificates will be awarded for each qualification achieved.
On successful completion of this course you will have the opportunity to progress onto the following:
Call us now • IoW: 01983 533926 • Portsmouth: 02392 374752