E-Safety – staying safe online
At HTP Apprenticeship College, we take the e-safety of our learners seriously.
As a learner, we will:
- ensure you understand how we will act in relation to your e-safety.
- provide advice and guidance for using social media safely.
- provide you with access to a qualified safeguarding officer.
- teach e-safety knowledge & understanding, and ensure that you have a growing understanding of how to manage the risks involved in online activity.
- provide resources and activities to help support and develop your knowledge and understanding of e-safety.
- ensure you know what to do if you are worried or concerned about e-safety.
- build your online resilience.
- offer guidance to help protect you from the threat of extremist and ideological views and materials online.
- continually review and update our e-safety policies and procedures to meet legal requirements and to ensurepreventative measures are in place to protect you.
More information for our enrolled learners (login required):
To find out more about Safeguarding at HTP Apprenticeship College, click here.
Some useful external resources:
UK Safer Internet Centre: https://www.saferinternet.org.uk
Get Safe Online: https://www.getsafeonline.org
Isle of Wight Safeguarding Children’s Board: http://www.iowscb.org.uk/online-safety
Portsmouth Safeguarding Children’s Board: https://www.portsmouthscb.org.uk
Southampton Local Safeguarding Children Board: http://southamptonlscb.co.uk/
Hampshire Safeguarding Children Board: https://www.hampshiresafeguardingchildrenboard.org.uk/report-a-concern/
If you have any urgent Safeguarding concerns or issues relating to yourself or anyone else at HTP Apprenticeship College, please contact one of our designated Safeguarding Officers: Nicki Neville (01983 824930), Peter Johnson (02392 374752), Di Kennett (01983 533926) or Lisa Pilbeam (01983 533926).
Call us now • IoW: 01983 533926 • Portsmouth: 02392 374752