• Bembridge, Isle of Wight •
If you are looking for a new opportunity to earn while you learn, HTP could have the Apprenticeship for you!
A great opportunity to start a career within the Health Care Science sector at The Limes in Bembridge.
Family is at the very heart of The Limes, which was originally opened by Alan and Angela Dewen, who frustrated at their inability to find a residential care home with a real family feel to it for Alan’s parents decided there was only one option which was to open one themselves. Now owned by their sons Myles and Alistair who are, alongside Myles’ wife Jo, very much involved with the day to day running of The Limes.
They adhere to the principles of Person Centred Planning, placing their residents at the very centre, and constantly working to ensure that their wishes and needs are incorporated into their daily life. This care can take many forms including Residential Care, Dementia, Respite and Day Care.
- Trustworthy, accountable ad transparent
- Passionate, with a commitment and dedication to providing quality service
- Outward focused, innovative and open to working in partnership with others
- Inclusive, valuing difference, diversity and treating everyone with dignity and respect.
- Assisting with personal hygiene;
- Assisting with dressing, choice of clothes and personal appearance;
- Preparing drinks and providing assistance with eating/drinking;
- Assisting with mobility;
- Providing emotional support, reassurance, companionship and a safe environment;
- Carrying out basic first aid and summoning emergency services if required;
- Reporting any concerns about abuse or the welfare or safety of any resident to a manager or person in charge at the time;
- Undertaking specialised tasks as agreed and after appropriate training;
- Providing support with organised or informal group activities;
- Cleaning and maintaining the home and its contents when required.
- Good general standard of literacy and numeracy. (GSCE Level or equivalent).
- Strong customer service skills;
- Able to learn, understand and follow control of policies;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work on their own initiative;
- Ability to demonstrate confidentiality and trustworthiness;
- Willing to be flexible and work as part of a team;
- Be compassionate and understanding.
- Progression to a Higher Apprenticeship.
- The successful candidate will be working towards the Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship.
- Candidates will need to have achieved maths and English at GCSE or equivalent Grades A-C (9-4) or Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English before completing the qualification.
- Off the job training will be provided, where you will have the time to complete your portfolio work, attend off job training seminars and have allocated time for mentoring and being shadowed.
Expected Apprenticeship Duration:
- 13 months.
- Above NAMW (dependent on experience).
- 30+ hours;
- Days TBC.
- As soon as possible.