• Seaview, Isle of Wight •
A wonderful opportunity to work in one of the Islands top hotels as an Apprentice Receptionist.
The Seaview Hotel Restaurant & Bar is a rare example of a unique independent British coastal hotel. Located on the north-east Isle of Wight in the picturesque sailing village of Seaview it is very close to the Victorian town of Ryde.
- Being the first point of contact either by phone or in person to the hotel;
- Take bookings over the telephone by using a bespoke programme;
- Invoicing and preparing payments on arrival and checkout;
- Helping guests with any requirements during their stay;
- Taking restaurant bookings.
- Communication skills;
- Listening skills;
- Accuracy with a good attention to detail;
- Keyboard / typing skills;
- An understanding of social media platforms;
- Writing skills;
- Numeracy skills.
- Have a friendly, helpful and positive nature;
- Feel confident speaking with customers on the phone and in person;
- Ability to work proactively;
- Have a a can do attitude and be willing to assist in other departments, if needed;
- Be determined to continually improve;
- Have excellent attention to detail;
- Be very organised with an ability to plan ahead.
- No qualifications are needed, but the desire to work within a customer service environment is essential. The role will also benefit a quick learner.
Qualifications to be Gained:
- You will be working towards a Level 2 / 3 in Hospitality;
- A chance to complete Functional Skills in Maths and English, if required.
- Full time employment;
- Opportunity to develop into a more senior role with increased responsibilities;
- A fantastic accreditation to you Curriculum Vitae.
- Above National Apprenticeship Wage.
Possible Start Date:
- As soon as possible.