The Limes Residential Home
A family centric residential home, the Limes was originally opened by Alan and Angela Dewen, who frustrated at their inability to find a residential care home with a real family feel to it for Alan’s parents decided there was only one option open to them, and thus The Limes was born. Owned currently by sons Myles and Alistair, the family feel continues to run through this home. Now the Limes Residential Home are looking for an Adult Care Worker Apprentice to join their team.
As an Adult Care Worker Apprentice, you’ll be working alongside a skilled team of Care and Support Workers where you’ll learn all about the services which are delivered to the residents, promoting independence, choice and dignity. You’ll find out all about the necessary legislation, policies/procedures and Care Quality Commission regulations (CQC) that comes with this line of work.
No experience is necessary as you will be provided with thorough training throughout the entire Apprenticeship which will enable you to build on your knowledge and skills to be successful in this role.
What’s Involved / Duties:
The following are the core responsibilities of this job role and what you will be working toward being able to do, by the end of the Apprenticeship you should be proficient in all of these, occasionally you may be required to carry out other tasks dependant on factors such as workload and staffing levels:
- Support individuals you are working with according to their personal care/support plan
- Contribute to the on-going development of care and support plans for individuals that you support
- Promote the Health and Wellbeing of all individuals that you support
- Have knowledge of the national and local strategies for safeguarding and protection from abuse
- Provide care and support to customers as identified in their person-centred care plan or Personal Budget agreement. This may include some intimate personal care.
- Deliver care and support in a way that promotes customers’ independence, rights, choices, and inclusion in their communities
- Maintain and develop professional relationships with customers
- Polite and confident
- Flexible and cooperative
- Forward thinker
- High levels of integrity and loyalty
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Physically able to undertake the moving and handling required for role
- Be willing to or have already received double COVID vaccination or be able to provide proof of medical exemption
- The successful candidate will be working towards the Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship.
- Off the job training will be provided, where you will have the time to complete your portfolio work, attend off job training seminars and have allocated time for mentoring and being shadowed.
Expected Apprenticeship Duration:
- 13 months.
- Dependant on Skills and Experience
- 30+ hours per week.