Website Islandwide Carpets
Islandwide Carpets are looking for a new apprentice to join their customer service team in their office and show room. Knowledge of flooring and carpets in not necessary and will be provided.
The following are the core responsibilities of this job role. There may be on occasion, a requirement to carry out other tasks; this will be dependent upon factors such as workload and staffing levels:
- Serve customers in the shop, advising on the most suitable flooring products to meet their particular needs.
- Arrange convenient times with customers for their properties to be measured in the measures diary.
- Give customers prices for new flooring and arrange a convenient time for this to be fitted in the fitting diary and take payments.
- Order products from suppliers.
- Input orders to Xero accounting system and send to customers.
- Maintain the shop’s appearance and displays.
- Learn to measure properties for customers when required.
- Take in deliveries of products, this can involve heavier lifting.
- On occasion, assist carpet fitters with the installation of new flooring.
- Drive the company’s vehicles to assist in the above activities.
- A good level of Maths and English, GCSE or above.
Be able to work towards:
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral);
- Clear, polite telephone manner;
- Effective time management (Planning & Organising);
- Ability to work as a team member and autonomously;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Problem solving & analytical skills;
- Ability to follow policy and procedures.
- A full, clean Driving Licence
- Polite and confident;
- Flexible and cooperative;
- Forward thinker;
- High levels of integrity and loyalty;
- Sensitive and empathetic in distressing situations;
- Ability to work under pressure.
- The successful candidate will be working towards the Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship.
- Off the job training will be provided, where you will have the time to complete your portfolio work, attend off job training seminars and have allocated time for mentoring and being shadowed.
Expected Apprenticeship Duration:
- 15 months.
- National Minimum Wage for Age
- 5 days a week, 9am – 5pm (1 Hour Lunch)