Website Knight Architectural Design
Knight Architectural Design are looking to an enthusiastic, driven person to their Office Team as an Apprentice Office and Accounts Assistant. Within this role you would have two main areas of responsibility.
Firstly to administer the company’s accounting functions including accounts administration support to the architectural technologists, technicians and apprentices.
The second is to support the office manager and Director with daily office administration and planning applications.
The following are the core responsibilities of this job role and what you will be working toward being able to do, by the end of the Apprenticeship you should be proficient in all of these, occasionally you may be required to carry out other tasks dependant on factors such as workload and staffing levels:
- Reviewing and reconciling accounts
- Processing payments and maintaining records of invoices and receipts
- Online VAT return
- Processing payroll
- Timesheet management and client invoicing
- Providing monthly and ad hoc reports to Director
- Taking accounts meeting notes and preparing action point reminders
- Acting as first line of telephone and email contact for clients, maintaining a positive and professional company
image. Including welcoming visitors to the office.
- Organising and scheduling appointments
- Maintaining the filing system and library
- Maintaining the contact and client database
- Booking travel arrangements
- Administration support to technologists, technicians and apprentices
- Submitting planning applications and communicating updates to clients
- Preparing occasional PowerPoint presentations and organising seminars for the Director
- May take care of website and social media profiles
- Maintaining and ordering office supplies
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Competent in the use of IT (Microsoft Office)
- Effective time management (Planning & Organising)
- Ability to work as a team member as well as individually
- Good interpersonal skills
- Problem solving & analytical skills
- Ability to follow policy and procedures.
- A passion for learning
- Polite and confident
- Flexible and cooperative
- Forward thinker
- High levels of integrity and loyalty
- Ability to work under pressure
- The successful candidate will be working towards the Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship.
- Candidates will need to have achieved maths and English at GCSE or equivalent Grades A-C (9-4) or Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English before completing the Apprenticeship standard.
- Off the job training will be provided, where you will have the time to complete your portfolio work, attend off job training seminars and have allocated time for mentoring and being shadowed.
Expected Apprenticeship Duration:
- 16 months
- 38 hours per week with flexibility between 8-10am and 4-6pm Monday to Friday. Half hour for lunch.