Website Drayton Medical Services Limited
Drayton Medical Services Limited are looking to recruit an Operations and Business Assistant to join their expanding team. As an Operations and Business Assistant you would report to the Operations Manager and be responsible for providing support to ensure Operation services are provided in an effective and efficient manner, across both sites of the Practice Area.
There is the potential for a full-time role to be offered to the suitable and successful candidate upon completion of the apprenticeship; there are potential future progression routes within the company for the right candidate.
You will be undertaking the Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship which will allow you to obtain a highly transferable set of skills, knowledge and behaviours that can be applied to all sectors. No experience is necessary as you will be provided with training throughout the entire Apprenticeship.
The following are the core responsibilities of this job role and what you will be working toward being able to do, by the end of the Apprenticeship you should be proficient in all of these, occasionally you may be required to carry out other tasks dependant on factors such as workload and staffing levels:
- Support and assist the Operations Manager and Practice Business Manager with HR administration requirements.
- Carry out building & meeting room checks monthly, ensuring any issues are dealt with in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Support with organising training requirements and updating HR records as necessary
- Support with Return to Work paperwork
- Support with ordering and upkeep of supplies and the stationery that is used by the Practice.
- Assisting with office moves and other general adhoc projects.
- Preparation of meeting rooms: venue and welfare arrangements.
- Help maintain records for invoices, expenses and financial records.
- Supporting the Practice Business Manager with administration duties, basic financial admin and arranging the Petty Cash for the practice
- Liaise with service providers and contractors to ensure regular activities are undertaken e.g. recycling, courier services.
- General health and safety duties
- Attend training and course as directed by the Operations Manager.
- To proactively work towards promoting a sense of pride in the Practice to ensure the site is fully operational at all times
- Prepare for Health & Safety and Environmental audits.
- Support with Health and Safety signage on site, that its appropriate and current at all times.
- Help with Event setups.
- GCSE Pass Grades or equivalent in Maths and English
- Good communication skills, written and oral
- Good IT skills
- Numeracy skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Typing skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to act professionally at all times
- Calm and objective
- Commitment and dedication
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- The successful candidate will be working towards the Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship.
- Off the job training will be provided, where you will have the time to complete your portfolio work, attend off job training seminars and have allocated time for mentoring and being shadowed.
- GCSEs in Maths and English at a grade of 4/C (or equivalent) are required by the end of the Apprenticeship.
Expected Apprenticeship Duration:
- 16 months
- £8.50 an hour