Website Mountbatten Hampshire
Mountbatten Hampshire, Southampton and West Hampshire’s local hospice, is looking for someone to undergo the Business Administrator Apprenticeship and become an integral part of their team.
A charity, providing free care and support to people with any life-limiting illness, Mountbatten Hampshire aims to help people to live as well as they possibly can with their illness, whilst also being there for families and friends who may need some bereavement support after the death of a loved one. “Living, dying, remembering” is the Mountbatten Hampshire strapline, reminding that Mountbatten is there for the community every step of the way.
As the business administrator apprentice you would be joining and providing administrative support to Mountbatten Hampshire’s finance team. You will be learning to be responsible for the following; processing of expenses and company credit card invoices, maintaining the petty cash tin and ensuring the accurate recording of receipts, weekly logging of cash and cheques in the running spreadsheet ready for banking, filing of invoices and taking calls from suppliers.
No experience is necessary as you will be provided with thorough training throughout the entire Apprenticeship which will enable you to build on your knowledge and skills to be successful in this role
The following are the core responsibilities of this job role and what you will be working toward being able to do, by the end of the Apprenticeship you should be proficient in all of these, occasionally you may be required to carry out other tasks dependant on factors such as workload and staffing levels:
- To understand Mountbatten’s internal policies and the key business policies relating to the sector
- To assist in the day to day organisation of the service of carrying out duties as delegated by the Care at Home Team Leader
- To promote Mountbatten services through good communication with health care providers and the general public of Southampton and West Hampshire
- To maintain accurate and effective patient records and documentation adhering to national standards and Mountbatten policies and procedures
- To be able to be proactive and to show good judgement, making effective decisions based on sound reasoning and is able to deal with challenges in a mature way
- To be able to seek out the advice of more experienced team members when the need arises
- Demonstrate professional behaviour and attitude at all times, with excellent customer care skills and ensure actions support equality and diversity
- To be able to use relevant project management principles and tools in order to be able to scope, plan, monitor and report on a business project
- Good communication skills, written and oral
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work to a deadline
- Ability to work and think independently
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload
- Have empathy, compassion and patience
- Able to act calmly in emergencies and respond in a professional manner to stressful and challenging situations
- Able to work evenings and weekends as necessary
- Commitment and dedication
- A keen desire to begin a career in Administration
- Polite and confident
- Flexible and cooperative
- Forward thinker
- High levels of integrity and loyalty
- Ability to work under pressure
- The successful candidate will be working towards the Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship.
- Off the job training will be provided, where you will have the time to complete your portfolio work, attend off job training seminars and have allocated time for mentoring and being shadowed.
Expected Apprenticeship Duration:
- 16 months.
- National Minimum Wage for Age
- 37.5 Hours a week
- Monday – Friday
- 8:30am – 4:30pm