Arreton St George's C.E. Primary School
Arreton St George’s C.E. Primary School is looking for an enthusiastic, passionate person to join them in the role of a Business Administrator and add to their team. Within this role you will be learning how to become a Business Administrator whilst getting involved with general reception duties, assisting with certain financial operations within the school environment, getting involved with tasks such as the school newsletter and so much more. You will be working under the direction of the School Business Manager whilst also being mentored by the school’s current receptionist.
No experience is necessary as you will be provided with thorough training throughout the entire Apprenticeship which will enable you to build on your knowledge and skills to be successful in this role.
The following are the core responsibilities of this job role and what you will be working toward being able to do, by the end of the Apprenticeship you should be proficient in all of these, occasionally you may be required to carry out other tasks dependant on factors such as workload and staffing levels:
- Answering the telephone and ensuring all messages are communicated as necessary
- Operate both manual and computerised record/information systems
- Assisting the receptionist with adding new starters to the school systems, including September intake each year
- Providing administrative and organisational support to the receptionist, school business manager and head teacher as and when required
- Receiving deliveries to the school and ensuring that they are both checked and signed for
- Assisting with the preparation of the School Newsletter
- Being able to communicate appropriately and effectively with parents, including via the school app (Weduc)
- Ensure the appropriate procedure for collection and recording of money for school trips, sponsor monies and other income is followed
- Assist with the Administration of the Pay 360 Payment system
- Update the staff notice board and the school diary
- Be a proactive member of the team, developing and promoting ideas of ways to improve the operation
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Competent in the use of IT (Microsoft Office)
- Effective time management (Planning & Organising)
- Ability to work as a team member as well as individually
- Good interpersonal skills
- Problem solving & analytical skills
- Ability to follow policy and procedures.
- An understanding of Safeguarding procedures
- A passion for learning
- Polite and confident
- Flexible and cooperative
- Forward thinker
- High levels of integrity and loyalty
- Ability to work under pressure
- The successful candidate will be working towards the Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship.
- Off the job training will be provided, where you will have the time to complete your portfolio work, attend off job training seminars and have allocated time for mentoring and being shadowed.
Expected Apprenticeship Duration:
- 16 months.
- National Minimum Wage for Age
- 37 Hours a week, Monday to Thursday (8am-4pm), Friday (8am – 3:30pm)
This is a Term time only position