Blueberrys Cafe is looking to add another member to its establishment. A family-run business that prides itself on its quality and how welcoming they are, this would be a fantastic opportunity to step into the world of the Hospitality Industry. From beautiful freshly made cakes to lovely lunches, this cafe offers a range of refreshments, set in a picturesque viewpoint overlooking Shanklin and Sandown’s beaches. They are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated candidate to undergo the Production Chef Apprenticeship and become an integral part of the team. Experience is unnecessary as you will be working in a very supportive and caring team whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard. With dedicated mentoring and training in-house and HTP, you will be gaining the required skills, knowledge and behaviours and develop to be a great chef! You will be covering various different aspects of the business including; Kitchen Operations, Nutrition, Health and Safety, Food Safety, Team Working, Customers, Business and Self-development.
If you have a keen interest in food and cooking, this opportunity is not to be missed!
(See the Facebook page for further insight and great reviews)
The following are the core responsibilities of this job role, you will be learning to become proficient in these by the end of your Apprenticeship. Occasionally you may be required to carry out other tasks depending on factors such as workload and staffing levels:
- Learn to use kitchen tools & Equipment
- Produce food and dishes to company and dietary standards
- Assisting in food preparation
- cook food in the kitchen when required.
- Assisting with sorting and putting away deliveries
- Ensuring that stock levels are maintained at correct levels and rotated when necessary
- General cleaning of cafe and kitchen to keep up the standards
- Be an integral part of both the closing down process in the evening and the opening process in the morning
- Work towards learning the services and products that are offered by the business, their prices and special offers
- General teamwork
- Completion of study and objectives set throughout the apprenticeship
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective time management (Planning & Organising)
- Ability to work as a team member as well as individually
- Good interpersonal skills
- Being Clean and Tidy
- Ability to follow policy and procedures
- Polite and confident
- Flexible and cooperative
- High levels of integrity and loyalty
- Ability to work under pressure
- Have a can-do attitude
- Not afraid to ask questions when needed
- Takes pride in their work
- The successful candidate will be working towards the Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship.
- Off the job training will be provided, where you will have the time to complete your portfolio work, attend off job training seminars and have allocated time for mentoring and being shadowed.
Expected Apprenticeship Duration:
- 16 months.
- Share of tips each month
- Average of 30 hours a week over the course
Full-Time Employment & wage increase. Advanced apprenticeship training to senior production Chef level 3
Level 3 Hospitality Supervisor or Senior Production Chef Apprenticeship