A fantastic opportunity is being offered to an individuals to train in the role of a Chef who is passionate about hospitality and would like to gain experience within a small friendly team.
Located on the picturesque Culver Downs incredible sea views all year round and friendly locals. You will have the opportunity to work with experienced staff who are passionate about what they do and are extremely supportive, knowledgeable and willing to help you progress if you are passionate about the industry.
The following are the core responsibilities of this role. There may be on occasion, a requirement to carry out other tasks; this will be dependent upon factors such as workload and staffing levels:
- Work towards preparing, cooking and serving all food from the menu using different cooking methods including preparing fish, meats, vegetables, pastries, breads and much more!
- Be able to attend masterclass sessions;
- Understand how to menu plan;
- Understand food allergens and legalisation around this area;
- Use kitchen tools and equipment correctly;
- Keep a clean and organised work area;
- Learn knife skills i.e. butchery and filleting;
- Produce dishes to suit individual specific dietary needs as required;
- Prepare orders;
- Stock rotation;
- Food Health and Safety i.e. HASCCAP and COSHH.
- A good level of Maths and English, GCSE or above.
- Be able to work under pressure;
- Must have a passion for the hospitality sector;
- Be able to work within a team;
- Good communication skills;
- Be ambitious, motivated and enthusiastic;
- Be practical and forward thinking;
- Provide consistency and a high standard.
- Calm in a busy environment;
- Well presented with good hygiene;
- Good team player with a great personality;
- Punctual and hardworking;
- Keen desire to start a career within the Hospitality sector.
- The successful candidate will be working towards the Level 3 Customer Service Specialist Apprenticeship.
- Off the job training will be provided, where you will have the time to complete your portfolio work, attend off job training seminars and have allocated time for mentoring and being shadowed.
Expected Apprenticeship Duration:
- 13 months.
- Above National Apprenticeship Minimum Wage.