Website The Botanical
The Botanical, Port Solent, is looking for someone with a passion for learning and an interest in the culinary industry to undergo the Production Chef Apprenticeship and become an integral part of their kitchen team. The Botanical is a newly opened bar within Port Solent, offering the opportunity to drink, dance and dine all in one idyllic location. They offer fresh made cocktails, indulgent spirits and have a delectable food menu. At The Botanical there truly is something for everyone. Previous experience is not essential as you will be working in a very supportive environment and working toward the Apprenticeship standard which will teach you all you need to know, with you hopefully being proficient in the kitchen by the end.
The following are the core responsibilities of this job role, you will be learning to become proficient in these by the end of your Apprenticeship. Occasionally you may be required to carry out other tasks dependant on factors such as workload and staffing levels:
- Working in all areas of the kitchen, especially with the preparation and cooking of food
- Ensuring good working practice, and ensuring health and safety practices are adhered to at all times
- Presenting food and serving meals to customers
- Meeting deadlines to ensure efficient operation
- Stock reporting, ordering and rotation of stock
- Completing any relevant cleaning schedule and any kitchen equipment as required for each shift
- Ensuring excellent food hygiene practices at all times
- Work in a way that demonstrates a duty to take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your actions.
- Co-operate with employers and co-workers to help everyone meet their legal requirements.
- Ensuring operational safeguarding policies and practices are followed by all staff and that safeguarding is actively promoted throughout the organisation at all times.
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective time management (Planning & Organising)
- Ability to work as a team member as well as individually
- Good interpersonal skills
- Being Clean and Tidy
- Ability to follow policy and procedures
- Basic Knife Skills
- Basic Prep Skills
- A passion for the culinary arts
- A drive to learn
- Polite and confident
- Flexible and cooperative
- Someone that strives for excellence
- Forward thinker
- High levels of integrity and loyalty
- Ability to work under pressure
- Have a can do attitude
- Not afraid to ask questions when needed
- The successful candidate will be working towards the Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship.
- Off the job training will be provided, where you will have the time to complete your portfolio work, attend off job training seminars and have allocated time for mentoring and being shadowed.
Expected Apprenticeship Duration:
- 14 months.
- Dependant on Skills and Experience