An Island Health Centre are looking for an enthusiastic individual to train in the role of Patient Advisor and join their friendly team. This role will offer a variety of experience providing reception and general administrative assistance, support within their busy office and co-ordinate with their customers.
The following are the core responsibilities of the receptionist. There may be on occasion, a requirement to carry out other tasks; this will be dependent upon factors such as workload and staffing levels:
- Maintain and monitoring the practice appointment system;
- Process personal, telephone and e-requests for appointments;
- Answer incoming phone calls, transferring calls or dealing with the callers request appropriately;
- Signpost patients to the correct service;
- Initiating contact with and responding to, requests from patients, team members and external agencies;
- Read code data on TPP SystmOne;
- Photocopy documentation as required;
- Data entry of new and temporary registrations and relevant patient information as required;
- Input data into the patient’s healthcare records as necessary;
- Direct requests for information i.e. SAR, insurance / solicitor’s letters and DVLA forms to the administrative team;
- Manage all queries as necessary in an efficient manner;
- Carry out system searches as requested;
- Maintain a clean, tidy, effective working area at all times;
- Monitor and maintain the reception area and notice boards;
- Support all clinical staff with general tasks as requested;
- Partake in audit as directed by the audit lead;
- Support administrative staff, providing cover during staff absences;
- Complete opening and closing procedures in accordance with the duty rota.
- A good level of Maths and English, GCSE or above.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral);
- Strong IT skills;
- Clear, polite telephone manner;
- Competent in the use of Office and Outlook;
- EMIS / SystmOne / Vision user skills;
- Effective time management (Planning & Organising);
- Ability to work as a team member and autonomously;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Problem solving & analytical skills;
- Ability to follow policy and procedures.
- Polite and confident;
- Flexible and cooperative;
- Forward thinker;
- High levels of integrity and loyalty;
- Sensitive and empathetic in distressing situations;
- Ability to work under pressure.
- The successful candidate will be working towards the Level 3 Customer Service Specialist Apprenticeship.
- Candidates will need to have achieved maths and English at GCSE or equivalent Grades A-C (9-4) or Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English before completing the qualification.
- Off the job training will be provided, where you will have the time to complete your portfolio work, attend off job training seminars and have allocated time for mentoring and being shadowed.
Expected Apprenticeship Duration:
- 14 months.
- Dependant on age but would be above minimum wage with regular pay reviews.
- Monday – Friday;
- Up to 37 hours per week.