Denbigh House Dental Clinic
An Island Dentist is looking for an enthusiastic individual to train in the role of Decontamination Nurse and join their friendly team. This role will offer a variety of experience such as infection control, safety and sanitation for the health and wellbeing of their patients and also co-ordination with their stakeholders. Level 3 Dental Nurse position will be offered at the end of the first year if successful.
What’s Involved / Duties:
The following are the core responsibilities of this job role. There may be on occasion, a requirement to carry out other tasks; this will be dependent upon factors such as workload and staffing levels:
- Prepare and clean materials and machinery appropriate to the task;
- Select and use the correct cleaning equipment for a range of routine and specialist cleans;
- Apply the principles of hygiene to the role (i.e. clean uniform, hand hygiene and cross contamination);
- Communicate with colleagues, patients and their families professionally;
- Warmly greet patients;
- Guide patients through the patient journey;
- Give the appropriate information to the patient.
- A good level of Maths and English, GCSE or above.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral);
- Clear, polite telephone manner;
- Effective time management (Planning & Organising);
- Ability to work as a team member and autonomously;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Problem solving & analytical skills;
- Ability to follow policy and procedures.
- Polite and confident;
- Flexible and cooperative;
- Forward thinker;
- High levels of integrity and loyalty;
- Sensitive and empathetic in distressing situations;
- Ability to work under pressure.
- The successful candidate will be working towards the Level 2 Customer Healthcare operative Apprenticeship.
- Off the job training will be provided, where you will have the time to complete your portfolio work, attend off job training seminars and have allocated time for mentoring and being shadowed.
Expected Apprenticeship Duration:
- 16 months.
- Apprenticeship wage to start with regular wage review.
- Full time employment;
- Potentially go onto the Level 3 Dental Nurse Apprenticeship.