Southern Housing Group
The Southern Housing Group are looking for an Adult Care Worker Apprentice to join their team at Ryde Village! This is a full-time role working 35 hours per week (across 7 days to include evenings and weekends).
As an Adult Care Worker Apprentice, you’ll be working alongside a skilled team of Care and Support Workers where you’ll learn all about the services which are delivered to the residents (which may include providing intimate personal care), promoting independence, choice and dignity. You’ll find out all about the necessary legislation, policies/procedures and Care Quality Commission regulations (CQC) that comes with this line of work.
No experience is necessary as you will be provided with thorough training throughout the entire Apprenticeship which will enable you to build on your knowledge and skills to be successful in this role. Once you have completed your Apprenticeship, the Southern Housing Group would love for you to continue working for them and take advantage of their fantastic career progression opportunities.
What’s Involved / Duties:
The following are the core responsibilities of this job role. There may be on occasion, a requirement to carry out other tasks; this will be dependent upon factors such as workload and staffing levels:
- Support individuals you are working with according to their personal care/support plan
- Contribute to the on-going development of care and support plans for individuals that you support
- Promote the Health and Wellbeing of all individuals that you support
- Have knowledge of the national and local strategies for safeguarding and protection from abuse
- Provide care and support to customers as identified in their person-centred care plan or Personal Budget agreement. This may include some intimate personal care.
- Deliver care and support in a way that promotes customers’ independence, rights, choices, and inclusion in their communities
- Maintain and develop professional relationships with customers
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Competent in the use of IT (Microsoft Office)
- Effective time management (Planning & Organising)
- Ability to work as a team member as well as individually
- Good interpersonal skills
- Problem solving & analytical skills
- Ability to follow policy and procedures.
- GCSE level Maths and English Level 4 or above
- Polite and confident
- Flexible and cooperative
- Forward thinker
- High levels of integrity and loyalty
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Physically able to undertake the moving and handling required for role
- Be willing to or have already received double COVID vaccination or be able to provide proof of medical exemption
- The successful candidate will be working towards the Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship.
- Off the job training will be provided, where you will have the time to complete your portfolio work, attend off job training seminars and have allocated time for mentoring and being shadowed.
Expected Apprenticeship Duration:
- 13 months.
- National Apprenticeship Wage
- 35+ hours per week.