The Sundial Cafe
The Sundial Café, a busy, seasonal beach café located on the sandy beaches of Sandown is looking for an easy going, fun individual to join their team and to provide all-round hospitality help including helping in their busy kitchen to prepare simple but quality food. The job role will be quite varied and you will be involved in preparing food, barista work, working on the bar, general café duties along with ensuring that everyone you serve gets exemplary customer service.
Experience is not necessary as you will be working in a very supportive environment and working toward the Apprenticeship standard which will teach you all you need to know, with you hopefully being proficient by the end. During the Apprenticeship you will be covering various different aspects of the business including Customer interaction, how the business runs and also starting to learn how to start becoming a supervisor.
What’s Involved / Duties:
The following are the core responsibilities of this job role, you will be learning to confidently carry these out by the end of your Apprenticeship. Occasionally you may be required to carry out other tasks to support the rest of the team at Besty and Spinkys.
- Greeting customers and recognising different customer wants and needs
- Accurately record customer order and relay information to the relevant team members
- Maintaining cleanliness within the business and knowing how and when to begin clearing tables
- Perform basic food processing tasks such as preparation, cooking and regeneration of food in line with business / brand specifications
- Follow kitchen procedures to maintain food safety and quality
- Ensuring that stock levels are maintained at correct levels and rotated when necessary
- General cleaning of cafe and kitchen to keep up the standards
- Be an integral part of both the closing down process in the evening and the opening process in a morning, understanding why certain things are done.
- Know the services and products that are offered by the business, their prices and special offers
- Have clear knowledge of the stock on offer and the current menu of the establishment
- Aid the business in its continuing growth and come up with any ideas that can help with this
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective time management (Planning & Organising)
- Ability to work as a team member as well as individually
- Good interpersonal skills
- Being Clean and Tidy
- Ability to follow policy and procedures
- A passion for Hospitality
- Polite and confident
- Flexible and cooperative
- Forward thinker
- High levels of integrity and loyalty
- Ability to work under pressure
- Have a can do attitude
- Not afraid to ask questions when needed
- Takes pride in their work
- The successful candidate will be working towards the Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship with a specialisation in food production.
- Off the job training will be provided, where you will have the time to complete your portfolio work, attend off job training seminars and have allocated time for mentoring and being shadowed.
Expected Apprenticeship Duration:
- 16 months
- Dependant on Skills and Experience
- Working week will vary depending on season and demand