Majesty House Café
About this employer
Majesty House Café is a community focused café, sponsored by Majesty House Church.
We want to serve our community by providing good food and drinks at an affordable price and giving our customers a place where they can meet up and have a good time. Our aim is to support those who are feeling lonely and have no one to talk to. We want to create an environment where everyone feels welcome, where they can laugh and feel accepted.
Title – Hospitality Team Member
Wages – £5.50ph
Hours – To be confirmed
The duties of this position:
- Setting up the restaurant for service, greeting customers, taking orders and serving food and drink
- Ensure that the efficient flow of service and standards are constantly met
- Communication skills to engage with colleagues and customers
- Use and develop food & beverage knowledge to enhance the guest experience
- Menu tasting to understand cooking techniques, ingredients, and kitchen processes
- Maintain calm and organized service during busy periods
- Organize duties to reflect changing levels of business
- Exposure to full operation, not just service
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective time management (planning & organising)
- Ability to work as a team member as well as individually
- Good interpersonal skills
- Being Clean and Tidy
- Ability to follow policy and procedures
- Polite and confident
- Flexible and cooperative
- Forward thinker
- High levels of integrity and loyalty
- Ability to work under pressure
- Have a can do attitude
- Not afraid to ask questions when needed
- Takes pride in their work future prospects
Potential to progress onto the Level 3 Hospitality Supervisor Apprenticeship.
Things to consider
– Shift work
– Weekend working
GCSE level Maths and English Level C/4 or above or equivalent.
Training to be provided
The successful candidate will be working towards the Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship Standard.
You will also work towards Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths and English if required
You will develop the Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours expected of a Hospitality Team Member which includes:
- Recognising different customer profiles in hospitality and how customers have different needs
- Understanding the importance of receiving and dealing with customer feedback to support the improvement of products and services and provide value for money
- Proactively support the reputation of the business and be aware of how it compares with its competitors
- Carefully handle payments, transactions, stock and packaging to minimise unnecessary financial loss to the business
- Take pride in your own role through an enthusiastic and professional approach to tasks
- Have an understanding of correct professional behaviours and organisational culture
- Know the products and services that are offered by the business, their prices and special offers and how to match them to customers’ needs
- Know how to support and influence the team positively, recognising how team members are dependent on each other to meet business objectives
- Off the job training will be provided, where you will have the time to complete your portfolio work, attend off job training seminars and have allocated time for mentoring and being shadowed.