Island Healthcare Limited are looking for someone to join their team at Westview House, Totland, and undergo the Business Administrator Apprenticeship. They are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate person that truly wants to gain new skills and to become an integral part of their team in the future. Within this role you will be learning how to become a Business Administrator whilst assisting the Registered Manager or any Head Office Staff with any administration tasks that they need completing, getting involved with general office duties such as filing, photocopying and updating relevant databases as well as ensuring that any telephone calls to the business are directed to the appropriate people. You will be working under the direction of the Company Secretary who will also assist in your mentoring. Some parts of this role may involve the need to work at different locations so a driving licence and your own transport are required.
No experience is necessary as you will be provided with thorough training throughout the entire Apprenticeship which will enable you to build on your knowledge and skills to be successful in this role.
The following are the core responsibilities of this job role and what you will be working toward being able to do, by the end of the Apprenticeship you should be proficient in all of these, occasionally you may be required to carry out other tasks dependant on factors such as workload and staffing levels:
- Answering the telephone and ensuring all messages are communicated as necessary
- Operate both manual and computerised record/information systems
- To reinforce the company’s rules when in discussion with staff and to support decisions made by the company and its managers.
- Providing administrative and organisational support to the Registered Manager and Head Office where required.
- To be an ambassador for Island Healthcare Ltd homes at all times, promoting our work when and whenever possible.
- To work with staff and the Board of Directors to uphold the quality standards expected in Island Healthcare homes
- Be a proactive member of the team, developing and promoting ideas of ways to improve the operation
- A Full, Clean Driving Licence
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Competent in the use of IT (Microsoft Office)
- Effective time management (Planning & Organising)
- Ability to work as a team member as well as individually
- Good interpersonal skills
- Problem solving & analytical skills
- Ability to follow policy and procedures.
- An understanding of Safeguarding procedures
- A passion for learning
- Polite and confident
- Flexible and cooperative
- Forward thinker
- High levels of integrity and loyalty
- Sensitive and empathetic in distressing situations
- Ability to work under pressure
The successful candidate will be working towards the Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship.
Candidates will need to have achieved Maths and English at GCSE Grades A-C/9-4 or an equivalent before completing the Apprenticeship standard.
Off the job training will be provided, where you will have the time to complete your portfolio work, attend off job training seminars and have allocated time for mentoring and being shadowed.
Expected Apprenticeship Duration:
- 20 months.
- £7.13 an hour.
- 24 hours a week (Wednesday – Friday, 9am – 5pm)