Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Throughout your Apprenticeship you will work alongside your Training Consultant to develop the knowledge, skills, and behaviours you need to meet the requirements of the Standard. To ensure you are making progress your consultant will provide continuous assessment and provide you with regular feedback. On completion of your formal training, you will demonstrate what you have learnt through a professional discussion underpinned by a portfolio of evidence and a presentation with questions and answers based on a work-based project you will have undertaken during the last 6 months of your Apprenticeship.
As well as gaining a nationally recognised qualification and having the opportunity to take the first steps in your career, after completing your qualification, we may consider the successful candidate to join the team on a permanent basis.
The following are the core responsibilities of this job role and what you will be working toward being able to do, by the end of the Apprenticeship you should be proficient in all of these, occasionally you may be required to carry out other tasks dependant on factors such as workload and staffing levels:
- Coordinate the review of the Quality Management System (QMS), processes, procedure and requirements to ensure the organisation’s compliance
- Coordinate the site’s QMS audit activity including the scheduling, planning and documenting of any non-conformances
- Generate performance metrics to support continuous improvement
- Prepare corrective action data for review
- Support the Quality Manager in the preparation of Management Review
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Competent in the use of IT
- Effective time management (Planning & Organising)
- Ability to work as a team member as well as individually
- Good interpersonal skills
- Problem solving & analytical skills
- Ability to follow policy and procedures.
- A passion for learning
- Polite and confident
- Flexible and cooperative
- Forward thinker
- High levels of integrity and loyalty
- Ability to work under pressure
- GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade Grade A*-C/9-4) Essential
- A Level or equivalent Any (Grade A*-C) Essential
- The successful candidate will be working towards the Level 4 Quality Practitioner Apprenticeship.
- Off the job training will be provided, where you will have the time to complete your portfolio work, attend off job training seminars and have allocated time for mentoring and being shadowed.
Expected Apprenticeship Duration:
- 20 months
- 37.5 hours a week
- 8:45am to 5:30pm Monday to Thursday
- 8:45am to 4:15pm Friday