Website Waterside Pool
The Waterside Community Trust, a local charity providing recreational and leisure facilities for the residents of Ryde and the surrounding area, are looking for an enthusiastic person to join their Waterside Pool team and to undergo the Business Administrator Apprenticeship as a receptionist. Formed in 2017, the Trust aims to be of benefit to all members of society whatever their age, infirmity, disablement, social or economic circumstances as well as the public at large in the interest of social welfare and the improvement of life for the local population. An interest in leisure may be ideal although this is not essential.
No experience is necessary as you will be provided with thorough training throughout the entire Apprenticeship which will enable you to build on your knowledge and skills to be successful in this role.
The following are the core responsibilities of this job role and what you will be working toward being able to do, by the end of the Apprenticeship you should be proficient in all of these, occasionally you may be required to carry out other tasks dependant on factors such as workload and staffing levels:
- Having a practical knowledge of managing stakeholders and their different relationships to the organisation
- Produce accurate records and documents
- Understanding the organisations policies and abiding by these
- Being able to apply business principles such as business finances and project management
- Becoming skilled in the use of IT packages and being able to choose the correct solution to any issues
- To make effective decisions based on good judgement and sound reasoning
- Being able to deal with challenges in a mature way
- Be a proactive member of the team, developing and promoting ideas of ways to improve the operation
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Competent in the use of IT
- Effective time management (Planning & Organising)
- Ability to work as a team member as well as individually
- Good interpersonal skills
- Problem solving & analytical skills
- Ability to follow policy and procedures.
- A passion for learning
- Polite and confident
- Flexible and cooperative
- Forward thinker
- High levels of integrity and loyalty
- Ability to work under pressure
- The successful candidate will be working towards the Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship.
- Candidates will need to have achieved maths and English at GCSE or equivalent Grades A-C (9-4) or Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English before completing the Apprenticeship standard.
- Off the job training will be provided, where you will have the time to complete your portfolio work, attend off job training seminars and have allocated time for mentoring and being shadowed.
Expected Apprenticeship Duration:
- 16 months
- £5.00 an hour
- 30 hours a week
- Monday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
- Tuesday 12.30 pm to 6.00 pm
- Wednesday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
- Thursday 8.00 am to 12.00 pm
- Saturday 8.30 am to 1.00 pm