The Brunswick Hotel
The Brunswick Hotel are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated team member to join their team within the hotel. They are looking for someone to fill the role of a Receptionist. Within this role you will be manning the Reception area whilst also providing assistance to the General Manager and the rest of the team in all matters of admin, as well as it being a fantastic opportunity to develop new skills and continue your education. You will be undertaking the Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship which will allow you to obtain a highly transferable set of skills, knowledge and behaviours that can be applied to all sectors. No experience is necessary as you will be provided with training throughout the entire Apprenticeship.
The following are the core responsibilities of this job role and what you will be working toward being able to do, by the end of the Apprenticeship you should be proficient in all of these, occasionally you may be required to carry out other tasks dependant on factors such as workload and staffing levels:
- Answering the phones and being able to accurately record messages
- Greeting visitors and professionals, ensuring they are documented
- To support the General Manager and the rest of the team in all matters of administration
- To reinforce the company’s rules when in discussion with staff and to support decisions made by the company and its managers.
- To be an ambassador for the Brunswick Hotel at all times, actively promoting the hotel whenever possible.
- To work with staff and management to uphold the quality of standards expected in the hotel, and to look for any potential opportunities to improve.
- To take responsibility for initiating and completing tasks, managing priorities and time to be able to meet deadlines
- Understand the laws and regulations that apply to your role and assist the company in applying these regulations
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Competent in the use of IT (Microsoft Office)
- Effective time management (Planning & Organising)
- Ability to work as a team member as well as individually
- Good interpersonal skills
- Problem solving & analytical skills
- Ability to follow policy and procedures
- Polite and confident
- Flexible and cooperative
- Forward thinker
- High levels of integrity and loyalty
- Sensitive and empathetic in distressing situations
- Ability to work under pressure
- The successful candidate will be working towards the Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship.
- Off the job training will be provided, where you will have the time to complete your portfolio work, attend off job training seminars and have allocated time for mentoring and being shadowed.
Expected Apprenticeship Duration:
- 16 months.
- Dependent on Skills and Experience