•Wootton, Isle of Wight•
If you are looking for a new opportunity to earn while you learn, HTP could have the Apprenticeship for you!
An exciting opportunity has come at one of the Island’s top Hotels. You will have to opportunity to work with the new executive chef who has experience working in rosette restaurants on the mainland and be able to join the close and friendly group there.
- Setting up and closing down a kitchen;
- Working towards preparing, cooking and serving all food from the menu;
- Understand how to menu plan;
- Understand food allergens and legislation around this area.
- No desired qualifications.
- To be able to work under pressure;
- Must have a passion for cooking and be able to show it.
- A genuine passion for food;
- Be able to take instruction in a sometimes hectic environment;
- Be happy to work evenings and weekends.
- Commis Chef Level 2 or Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard (formerly NVQ);
- Maths & English functional skills (if required);
- On job training and mentoring of:
- Basic culinary skills;
- Health and safety;
- Knife skills;
- Food preparation;
- Learning a wide range of cooking methods;
- Developing an extensive portfolio;
- Presentation and plating skills.
- Employability skills;
- A dedicated HTP training consultant to up skill and develop you to successfully complete your End Point Assessment.
- Minimum of 30hrs per week;
- Shifts will include evenings and weekends.
- Apprenticeship wage to start,
- Employer will pay for your travel.
Expected Apprenticeship Duration:
- 13 months.
Possible Start Date:
- As soon as possible.
Please only apply for this once in a life time opportunity if you have a genuine passion for food and want to work in this high energy sometimes intense industry.