• Cowes, Isle of Wight •
If you are looking for a new opportunity to earn while you learn, HTP could have the Apprenticeship for you!
Lanesend Primary School are looking for a Teaching Assistant Apprentice! A fabulous opportunity to join the Team to progress and develop in your career!
The job role will consist of:
- Working in line with the aims, targets and policies of the school,
- To work in partnership with the teacher to foster effective participation of children in the social and academic processes of the school,
- Maintain an awareness of school, national and statutory policies and requirements and apply these in the workplace,
- There will be a requirement to treat information with discretion and strict confidentiality at all times.
Main Duties will include:
- Working with individuals or groups of children, assist in ensuring children are kept on task and complete activities set by teachers,
- Deal with behavioural and special needs issues in conjunction with the teacher,
- Help implement lesson plans,
- Provide feedback to pupils in conjunction with the teacher,
- Assist the teacher with testing and assessment,
- Review progress of pupils against learning programmes,
- Implement curriculum policies,
- Detect signs of behavioural issues,
- Work with outside agencies,
- Playtime supervision,
- Contact with families/children/staff and governors,
- Use of various software packages with the children,
- Photocopying and distributing work for children,
- Use of email,
- Producing Personal Plan documents,
- Attend training as required,
- Such duties of a similar nature as the Headteacher or class teachers require,
- First Aid training,
- Disposal of confidential papers.
You will have the full support of senior staff in training for the above duties.
- Would ideally have good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Communication skills,
- IT literate,
- Good work ethic.
- Attention to detail,
- Keen interest in Teaching,
- Able to work on individual tasks,
- Be able to set a high standard as a role model for the children,
- Flexible approach to work,
- Friendly with a professional communications/customer service approach.
- You will undertake the Level 2 / 3 Teaching and Learning in Schools Apprenticeship Standard – you will be required to work towards you qualification whilst working – gaining valuable knowledge and skills – you will also be required to attend off the job training workshops,
- You will also be required to undertake English and Maths functions skills if required,
- Additional training to be undertaken in keeping with the requirements of the role and school.
- National Apprenticeship Wage.
- Monday – Friday,
- Term time,
- 8:30 am – 4pm,
- Includes 30 minutes for lunch,
- 35 hours per week.
Expected Apprenticeship Duration:
- 13 months.
Possible Start Date:
- March / April 2019.
Enquire about this vacancy
Post expires at 5:00pm on Tuesday April 30th, 2019