Grow your confidence and gain real workplace skills with HTP
Adult Care Level 3 Diploma
Is it for me?
- Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care
- Maths – GCSE or Functional Skills
- English – GCSE or Functional Skills
What would I do on this course?
Mandatory modules you will need to cover include:
- Duty of Care
- Promote health, safety and wellbeing in care settings
- Safeguarding and protection in care
- Stroke awareness
- Promote equality and inclusion in care settings
- Understand the factors affecting older people
- Responsibilities of a care worker
- Effective handling of information in care settings
- Understand mental health problems
- Understand the diversity of individuals with dementia and the importance of inclusion
- Awareness of the Mental Capacity Act
- Person centred approaches in care settings
- Personal Development
- Understand the impact of acquired brain injury on individuals
- Promote communication in care settings
- Process and experience of dementia
- Understand and meet the nutritional requirements of individuals with dementia
- Diabetes awareness
- Understand sensory loss
Would I always be in the classroom?
The course combines classroom based knowledge sessions with practical work experience with a local employer.
How do I get started?
Easy – just register your interest using our Contact Form, email us, or call our Riverbank Campus. This is a hugely popular course and places are limited, so don’t wait – contact us today!
What support will I get?
At HTP Apprenticeship College we will do everything we can to support you and to improve your life chances. In addition to providing support for your programme and qualifications, we want learners to feel that they are in a caring, positive, safe and stimulating environment that promotes social, physical and moral development.
What advice and guidance can I expect to receive?
From the time you contact us, during training, and after you complete your programme, our experienced staff are on hand to provide you with the help and advice you need to achieve your career aspirations. More information about the Careers Programme we offer can be found on our Support Page or contact one of our Recruitment and Careers Advisors using our Contact Form or by calling 01983 533926.