Grow your confidence and gain real workplace skills with HTP
Caring for Children City & Guilds Level 1 Diploma
Is it for me?
- Caring for Children Level 1 Diploma
- If you don’t have Maths and English GCSE at Grades 4–9, you will study towards either GCSE or Functional Skills.
What would I do on this course?
Mandatory modules you will need to cover include:
- Growth and development of young children
- Sharing learning experiences with children
- Human growth and development
- Respecting and valuing children
- Preparing for your next steps
- Craft activities for young children
- Musical activities for young children
- Practical heath and safety when with young children
- Finding out about forest schools
- Understanding learning and development through play
- Contribute to own healthy living
- Exploring a vocational area for own development
- Self development
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
In order to achieve this qualification, learners will need to meet relevant outcomes and the required knowledge and understanding. This will be achieved by successfully completing multiple choice tests and practical assignments.
Would I always be in the classroom?
This is predominately a classroom-based course, however work experience is also included and will be introduced usually after the first term and this increases as the course progresses.
How do I get started?
Easy – just register your interest using our Contact Form, email us, or call our Riverbank Campus. This is a hugely popular course and places are limited, so don’t wait – contact us today!
What support will I get?
At HTP Apprenticeship College we will do everything we can to help you and to improve your prospects. In addition to providing support for your programme and qualifications, we want you to feel that you are in a caring, positive, safe and stimulating environment that promotes your social, physical and moral development.