Grow your confidence and gain real workplace skills with HTP
Children and Young People’s Workforce Level 2 Certificate
Is it for me?
- Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
- Maths – GCSE or Functional Skills
- English – GCSE or Functional Skills
What would I do on this course?
The qualification is designed to help you demonstrate competence in order to work effectively at this level with children and young people.
Mandatory modules you will need to cover include:
- Contribute to the support of child and young person development
- Contribute to children and young people’s health and safety
- Contribute to the support of positive environments for children and young people
- Understand partnership working in services for children and young people
- Introduction to communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Child and young person development
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
- Support children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Contribute to the support of children’s creative development
- Support children and young people at meal or snack times
- Contribute to the support of children’s communication, language and literacy
- Contribute to the support of children’s physical development activities
The qualification contains competence and knowledge units. Competence units require learners to build a portfolio of evidence, which will demonstrate competence by various means including observation by an assessor.
Would I always be in the classroom?
The qualification is classroom-based although we will also arrange work experience for you with a local employer to help give you a real insight to sector.
How do I get started?
Easy – just register your interest using our Contact Form, email us, or call our Riverbank Campus. This is a hugely popular course and places are limited, so don’t wait – contact us today!
What support will I get?
At HTP Apprenticeship College we will do everything we can to support you and to improve your life chances. In addition to providing support for your programme and qualifications, we want learners to feel that they are in a caring, positive, safe and stimulating environment that promotes social, physical and moral development.
What advice and guidance can I expect to receive?
From the time you contact us, during training, and after you complete your programme, our experienced staff are on hand to provide you with the help and advice you need to achieve your career aspirations. More information about the Careers Programme we offer can be found on our Support Page or contact one of our Recruitment and Careers Advisors using our Contact Form or by calling 01983 533926.