Grow your confidence and gain real workplace skills with HTP
General Cookery Level 1 Certificate
Is it for me?
- Level 1 Certificate in General Cookery
- Maths – GCSE or Functional Skills
- English – GCSE or Functional Skills
What would I do on this course?
Mandatory modules you will need to cover include:
- Using kitchen equipment
- Introduction to the Hospitality Industry
- Introduction to healthy eating
- Food safety in catering
- Customer service in the Hospitality industry
- Basic food preparation and cooking
- Introduction to food commodities
Would I always be in the classroom?
You will spend your time between the training kitchen and the classroom. We also arrange work experience for you with a local employer to help give you a real insight to industry.
How do I get started?
Easy – just register your interest using our Contact Form, email us, or call our Riverbank Campus. This is a hugely popular course and places are limited, so don’t wait – contact us today!
What support will I get?
At HTP Apprenticeship College we will do everything we can to support you and to improve your life chances. In addition to providing support for your programme and qualifications, we want learners to feel that they are in a caring, positive, safe and stimulating environment that promotes social, physical and moral development.