Grow your confidence and gain real workplace skills with HTP
Horse Care and Riding Level 2 Diploma
Is it for me?
- Level 2 Diploma in Horse Care (Horse Care and Riding)
- Maths – GCSE or Functional Skills
- English – GSCE or Functional Skills
What would I do on this course?
You will learn about, and undertake, a wide variety of activities in a series of ‘modules’, including:
- Clean and maintain stables
- Provide feed and water horses
- Carry out routine care and monitor the health and well-being of horses
- Restrain horses using specified methods
- Monitoring and maintaining health and safety
- Maintain and develop personal performance
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Fit and remove horse clothing
- Clean and groom horses for appearance
- Assess grazing land for the introduction of horses
- Fit, remove and maintain tack for exercise
- Ride a horse in the open
- Ride a schooled horse
- Jump a schooled horse
Where would I be based?
Your course is based mainly at Trotters Riding School, on the outskirts of Ryde. There you’ll spend part of your time in the classroom and the remainder learning and working in the stables, yard and riding arena. You will also spend some time in the classroom at our Riverbank Campus in Newport.
How do I get started?
Easy – just get in touch to register your interest using our Contact Form, email us, or call our Riverbank Campus. This is a hugely popular course and places are limited, so don’t wait – contact us today!
What support will I get?
At HTP Apprenticeship College we will do everything we can to help you and to improve your prospects. In addition to providing support for your programme and qualifications, we want you to feel that you are in a caring, positive, safe and stimulating environment that promotes your social, physical and moral development.
What advice and guidance can I expect to receive?
From the time you contact us, during training, and after you complete your programme, our experienced staff are on hand to provide you with the help and advice you need to achieve your career aspirations. More information about the Careers Programme we offer can be found on our Support Page or contact one of our Recruitment and Careers Advisors using our Contact Form or by calling 01983 533926.