Grow your confidence and gain real workplace skills with HTP
Introduction to Professional Cookery Level 1 Diploma
Is it for me?
- Level 1 Diploma in Introduction to Professional Cookery
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- Maths – GCSE or Functional Skills
- English – GCSE or Functional Skills
What would I do on this course?
Mandatory modules you will need to cover include:
- Introduction to employability in the catering and hospitality industry;
- Introduction to healthier foods and special diets;
- Introduction to kitchen equipment;
- Health and safety awareness for catering and hospitality;
- Prepare and cook food by deep frying and shallow frying;
- Prepare and cook food by stewing and braising;
- Prepare and cook food by boiling, poaching and steaming.
The qualification contains a mixture of competence and knowledge units demonstrated by completing a portfolio, set knowledge questions, a multiple choice test and tutor observations to demonstrate competence of each cooking method.
Would I always be in the classroom?
You will spend your time between the training kitchen and the classroom. We also arrange work experience for you with a local employer to help give you a real insight to industry.
How do I get started?
Easy – just register your interest using our Contact Form, email us, or call our Riverbank Campus. This is a hugely popular course and places are limited, so don’t wait – contact us today!
What support will I get?
At HTP Apprenticeship College we will do everything we can to support you and to improve your life chances. In addition to providing support for your programme and qualifications, we want learners to feel that they are in a caring, positive, safe and stimulating environment that promotes social, physical and moral development.