Grow your confidence and gain real workplace skills with HTP
Introduction to Professional Cookery Level 1 Diploma
Is it for me?
- Level 1 Diploma in Introduction to Professional Cookery
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- Maths – GCSE or Functional Skills
- English – GCSE or Functional Skills
What would I do on this course?
Mandatory modules you will need to cover include:
- Introduction to the Hospitality Industry
- Food Safety in catering
- Health and safety awareness for catering and hospitality
- Introduction to healthier foods and special diets
- Introduction to kitchen equipment
- Prepare and cook food by boiling, poaching and steaming
- Preparing and cooking food by stewing and braising
- Prepare and cook food by baking, roasting and grilling
- Prepare and cook food by deep frying and shallow frying
- Regeneration of pre-prepared food
- Cold food preparation
The qualification contains a mixture of competence and knowledge units demonstrated by completing a portfolio, set knowledge questions, a multiple choice test and tutor observations to demonstrate competence of each cooking method.
Would I always be in the classroom?
You will spend your time between the training kitchen and the classroom. We also arrange work experience for you with a local employer to help give you a real insight to industry.
How do I get started?
Easy – just register your interest using our Contact Form, email us, or call our Riverbank Campus. This is a hugely popular course and places are limited, so don’t wait – contact us today!
What support will I get?
At HTP Apprenticeship College we will do everything we can to support you and to improve your outcomes. In addition to providing support for your programme and qualifications, we want learners to feel that they are in a caring, positive, safe and stimulating environment that promotes social, physical and moral development.
What advice and guidance can I expect to receive?
From the time you contact us, during training, and after you complete your programme, our experienced staff are on hand to provide you with the help and advice you need to achieve your career aspirations. More information about the Careers Programme we offer can be found on our Support Page or contact one of our Recruitment and Careers Advisors using our Contact Form or by calling 01983 533926.