Grow your confidence and gain real workplace skills with HTP
Professional Cookery Level 2 Diploma
Is it for me?
- Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery
- Maths – GCSE or Functional Skills
- English – GCSE or Functional Skills
What would I do on this course?
Mandatory modules you will cover include:
- Food Safety in Catering
- Developing skills for employment in the catering and hospitality industry
- Health and safety in catering and hospitality
- Healthier foods and special diets
- Catering operations, costs and menu planning
- Prepare and cook stocks, soups and sauces
- Prepare and cook fruit and vegetables
- Prepare and cook meat and offal
- Prepare and cook poultry
- Prepare and cook fish and shellfish
- Prepare and cook rice, pasta, grains and egg dishes
- Produce hot and cold desserts and puddings
- Produce paste products
- Produce biscuit, cake and sponge products
- Produce fermented dough products
Would I always be in the classroom?
You will spend your time between the training kitchen and the classroom. We also arrange work experience for you with a local employer to help give you a real insight into the industry.
The qualification contains a mixture of competence and knowledge units demonstrated by completing a portfolio, set knowledge questions, a multiple choice test and tutor observations to demonstrate competence of each cooking method.
How do I get started?
Easy – just register your interest using our Contact Form, email us, or call our Riverbank Campus. This is a hugely popular course and places are limited, so don’t wait – contact us today!
What support will I get?
At HTP Apprenticeship College we will do everything we can to support you and to improve your life chances. In addition to providing support for your programme and qualifications, we want learners to feel that they are in a caring, positive, safe and stimulating environment that promotes social, physical and moral development.
What advice and guidance can I expect to receive?
From the time you contact us, during training, and after you complete your programme, our experienced staff are on hand to provide you with the help and advice you need to achieve your career aspirations. More information about the Careers Programme we offer can be found on our Support Page or contact one of our Recruitment and Careers Advisors using our Contact Form or by calling 01983 533926.