Grow your confidence and gain real workplace skills with HTP
Work-Based Horse Care and Riding Level 1 Diploma
Is it for me?
- Level 1 Diploma in Horse Care and Riding
- If you don’t have Maths and English GCSE at Grades 4-9, you will study towards either GCSE or Functional Skills.
What would I do on this course?
You will learn about, and undertake, a wide variety of activities in a series of ‘modules’, including:
- Maintaining Health & Safety in the workplace
- Maintaining good working relations with others
- Assisting with feeding and watering horses
- Grooming and washing horses under direction
- Assisting with cleaning the stables and yard
- Assisting with putting on and taking off tack
- Assisting with cleaning tack and horse clothing
- Assisting with putting on and taking off horse rugs
- Leading and controlling a horse for inspection under direction
- Catching and moving horses under direction
- Mounting and dismounting quiet horses under supervision
- Riding horses in an enclosed area.
In order to successfully complete this course, you will need show that you have achieved the relevant outcomes and have gained the required knowledge and understanding. You will do this by completing multiple-choice tests and practical assignments.
Where would I be based?
Your course is based mainly at Island Riding Centre, a top-class equestrian facility just outside Newport. There you’ll spend part of your time in the classroom and the remainder learning and working in the stables, yard and riding arena. You will also spend some time in the classroom at our Riverbank Campus in Newport.
How do I get started?
Easy – just get in touch to register your interest using our Contact Form, email us, or call our Riverbank Campus. This is a hugely popular course and places are limited, so don’t wait – contact us today!
What support will I get?
At HTP Apprenticeship College we will do everything we can to help you and to improve your prospects. In addition to providing support for your programme and qualifications, we want you to feel that you are in a caring, positive, safe and stimulating environment that promotes your social, physical and moral development.