Level 1 Diploma in Introduction to Professional CookeryFull-Time Course
This qualification has been developed for those seeking a career as a Chef in the catering industry. During the course you will gain the skills and experience needed through practical sessions in our fully equipped commercial training kitchen and the knowledge needed through classroom based sessions.
The course is ideal for learners coming straight from school who wish to seek a career in this exciting industry.
No formal entry requirements.
September – July
The Learning Journey
Training and development will take place during this part of the course at an HTP Apprenticeship College Campus. In addition, you will undertake work experience with an employer chosen to meet your needs and aspirations.
Whilst at HTP you will also receive training and support to enable you to improve your Maths and English skills. There are a range of qualification levels available, including GCSE, and you will work towards the qualification which is most suitable for you.
What you'll learn while on-programme
Mandatory modules you will need to cover include:
- Introduction to employability in the catering and hospitality industry;
- Introduction to healthier foods and special diets;
- Introduction to kitchen equipment;
- Health and safety awareness for catering and hospitality;
- Prepare and cook food by deep frying and shallow frying;
- Prepare and cook food by stewing and braising;
- Prepare and cook food by boiling, poaching and steaming.
In order to achieve this qualification, candidates must show that they meet the relevant outcomes and the required knowledge and understanding. This will be achieved by completing Multiple Choice Tests and Practical assignments.
Certificates will be awarded for each qualification achieved.
Call us now • IoW: 01983 533926 • Portsmouth: 02392 374752