Essential commercial training from the experts at HTP
Personal Licence Holders Qualification Level 2 Award
Programme Type: Commercial Short Course
Availability: All areas
Is it for me?
This BIIAB Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders is aimed at anyone who wishes to work in licensed premises where alcohol is sold.
No formal entry requirements
- Personal Licence Holders Qualification Certificate
£160 plus VAT
On the course you will look at licensing authorities; at the responsibilities of the personal licence holder; police powers; rights of entry; specific prohibitions; strengths of alcoholic drinks; responsible retail of alcohol; and the protection of children from harm. On completion of this course, candidates will hold a licensing qualification with which they can apply for the Personal Licence. Anyone who authorises the sale of alcohol to the public (as per the legal requirement in England and Wales) is required to have a suitable qualification. Successful candidates will be invited to activate their complimentary provisional BII membership. This is the first step to becoming a member of the professional body for the licensed hospitality sector and includes some bespoke benefits.
What does the course cover?
The BIIAB Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders covers the following topics:
- The roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities within the framework of the licensing objectives.
- The application process for a personal licence.
- The role and legal responsibilities of the personal licence holder, and the penalties relating to failure to comply with the law.
- The premises licence.
- The content and purpose of operating schedules.
- The role and duties of the designated premises supervisor.
- Unauthorised licensable activities.
- Permitted temporary licensable activities.
- Rights of entry to licensed premises.
- Police powers with regard to suspension and closure of licensed premises.
- The specific prohibitions for the sale of alcohol.
- The strengths of alcoholic drinks, and the effects of alcohol on the human body.
- The protection of children from harm.
- The responsible retail sale of alcohol.
How is the qualification assessed?
The examination consists of 40 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 40 minutes. In order to pass the examination you must answer 28 questions correctly. The exam will take place at one of our campuses in Portsmouth or Newport, Isle of Wight.
How do I get started?
Complete the enquiry form on the website, call us on 01983 533926 or email [email protected]
What support will I get?
Your tutor will be on hand to answer any questions you may have while you are undertaking the training and to help prepare you for the exam.
More questions about the course?
No problem, just get in touch and we will get all the information you need.
What can I do after this course?
HTP offers a range of hospitality and catering qualifications to support your career progression
Contact us now and get onto your career-boosting Apprenticeship