Grow your confidence and gain real workplace skills with HTP
Sport and Exercise Science Level 3 Diploma
Is it for me?
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Sport (Sports and Exercise Science)
- GCSE or Functional Skills Maths and/or English (if required)
- Additional vocational qualifications delivered by external National Governing Bodies (dependant on availability).
What would I do on this course?
You will learn about, and undertake, a wide variety of activities in a series of units, including:
- Exercise, health and lifestyle
- Preparing for a career in sport and physical activity
- Principles of anatomy and physiology
- Fitness testing for sport and exercise
- Psychology for sports performance
- Sports nutrition
- Sports injuries
- Sports coaching
- Analysis of sports performance
Advantages of this qualification
With the flexibility provided by NCFE, you could be assessed using a range of methods, including:
- Observations and practical assessment
- Presentation and projects
- Peer to peer and professional discussions
- Up to 84 UCAS points available
Would I always be in the classroom?
This exciting one-year course has been strategically designed to provide you with the required knowledge and skills to work in the world of sport, blending experiences both in and out of the classroom to create a unique learning environment. Throughout the year, you will get the opportunity to spend time in our onsite gym, out on the field and attend various events and experiences – including University visits.
How do I get started?
Easy – just register your interest using our Contact Form, email us, or call our Riverbank Campus. This is a hugely popular course and places are limited, so don’t wait – contact us today!
What support will I get?
At HTP Apprenticeship College we will do everything we can to help you and to improve your prospects. In addition to providing support for your programme and qualifications, we want you to feel that you are in a caring, positive, safe and stimulating environment that promotes your social, physical and moral development.
What advice and guidance can I expect to receive?
From the time you contact us, during training, and after you complete your programme, our experienced staff are on hand to provide you with the help and advice you need to achieve your career aspirations. More information about the Careers Programme we offer can be found on our Support Page or contact one of our Recruitment and Careers Advisors using our Contact Form or by calling 01983 533926.