This is your chance to get a foot in the door at one of the wonderful Hillier Garden Centres or Nurseries across the south.
Hillier Nurseries; a family business, has been growing for over 150 years, and stays true to its horticultural roots and its mission; to inspire every generation to embrace the natural world by championing the creation of green living spaces.
Are you looking to develop your skills and confidence? Would you enjoy working in a dynamic and supportive environment?
If so, a Hillier Traineeship could be your first step to an exciting career.
Traineeships are a great way for employers to recruit new talent. Once you’ve completed your programme, you may have the opportunity to secure a full-time position, like an Apprenticeship, within Hillier.
This programme offers valuable experience to help you succeed. The aim is to provide a pathway for young talent to experience all of the Hillier business through a variety of training and work-based learning opportunities, introducing you to a multitude of knowledge and skills. It’s also a fantastic way to build your self-esteem, helping you succeed in your future workplace, whether it’s with Hillier or another business.
The Hillier Traineeship will introduce you to a multitude of knowledge and skills including:
- Consumer experience
- Team dynamics
- Product pipelines
- Tree production
- Plant cultivation
- Warehouse and logistics
- Barista training
- Catering experience
The programme includes:
- Hands-on experience in a number of roles across the business
- Nationally-recognised qualifications
- One-to-one support
- Career coaching and progression advice & guidance
- English, Maths and Digital Skills support if required
- A training allowance for the duration of the Traineeship
- Progression onto a full-time Apprenticeship following successful completion.
How does it work?
First you’ll have a full induction to the business and be provided with a uniform and any required Personal Protective Equipment.
You’ll then observe a practitioner undertaking different activities to show the purpose and expected outcomes. You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions related to the activities before being able to take an active role in undertaking these activities yourself, with full support.
What happens at the end of the programme?
Following successful completion of your Traineeship, you could begin one of these Apprenticeships:
- Level 3 Crop Technician (external link)
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner
- Level 2 Retailer
- Level 3 Retail Team leader
- Level 2 or 3 Production Chef
- Level 2 Hospitality Team Member
An Apprenticeship is designed to take you to the next level of competence in your chosen career by giving you the new skills, knowledge and behaviours you’ll need to progress and succeed.
On an Apprenticeship some key things would change:
- You’d be a full-time member of staff with an official contract of employment.
- You’d be earning a salary, along with holiday pay and other benefits.
The programme at a glance:
- Training and work programme designed to give young people an entry path to a career with Hillier.
- Comprised of a Traineeship, followed by an Apprenticeship.
- Collaboration between HTP Apprenticeship College and Hillier Nurseries Ltd.
- Route into a range of rewarding careers.
- Nationally-recognised qualifications.
- Expert support, advice and guidance throughout.
- Maths, English and Digital Skills tuition and qualifications if required.
- No tuition fees
Who is this programme for?
The programme is designed for anyone aged 16–19 who is looking for an interesting career in an unusual setting and progression opportunities. This new course is a great alternative to 6th Form or College and will give you access to Higher Education qualifications in the future, such as a Degree Apprenticeship.
Ready to apply? Questions?
Contact us and one of our Career Development advisors will be in touch.