This is your chance to get a foot in the door with Hovertravel – a world renowned business like no other.
Hovertravel has been in operation since 1965 and in that time has transported over 29 million passengers across the Solent. Its unique year-round service offers passengers the fastest way to cross between Southsea and Ryde on the Isle of Wight.
If you’re aged 16-18, and leaving school or not currently working, you could look into starting a rewarding career with Hovertravel, working at their hoverports on both sides of the water.
Starting this Easter, our exciting new six-month education programme will help you begin and progress in one of several different careers available in this incomparable business.
The programme starts with a Traineeship where you will undertake placements in customer service, business administration & engineering to gain a valuable insight into the roles available – followed by an Apprenticeship and into full-time, paid employment. And we’ll support you at every stage.
This programme offers:
- Hands-on experience in a number of roles across the business
- Nationally-recognised qualifications
- One-to-one support
- Career coaching and progression advice & guidance
- English, Maths and Digital Skills support if required
- A training allowance for the duration of the Traineeship
- Progression onto a full-time Apprenticeship following successful completion.
How does it work?
First you’ll have a full induction to the business and be provided with a uniform and any required Personal Protective Equipment.
You’ll then observe a practitioner undertaking different activities to show the purpose and expected outcomes. You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions related to the activities before being able to take an active role in undertaking these activities yourself, with full support.
What happens at the end of the programme?
Following successful completion of your Traineeship, you could begin one of these Apprenticeships:
An Apprenticeship is designed to take you to the next level of competence in your chosen career by giving you the new skills, knowledge and behaviours you’ll need to progress and succeed.
On an Apprenticeship some key things would change:
- You’d be a full-time member of staff with an official contract of employment.
- You’d be earning a salary, along with holiday pay and other benefits.
The programme at a glance:
- Training and work programme designed to give young people an entry path to a career with Hovertravel.
- Comprised of a Traineeship, followed by an Apprenticeship.
- Collaboration between HTP Apprenticeship College and Hovertravel.
- Route into a range of rewarding careers.
- Nationally-recognised qualifications.
- Expert support, advice and guidance throughout.
- Maths, English and Digital Skills tuition and qualifications if required.
- No tuition fees
Who is this programme for?
The programme is designed for anyone aged 16–18 who is looking for an exciting career in an unusual setting and unique opportunities. This new course is a great alternative to 6th Form or College and will give you access to Higher Education qualifications in the future, such as a Degree Apprenticeship.
Ready to apply? Questions?