•Sandown, Isle of Wight•
You will have the opportunity to develop your skills fully supported by your own HTP professional tutor within the kitchen and in the restaurant and Bar to gain an nationally recognised qualification whilst getting paid!
You need to be smart and clean and have a passion for cooking or customer service.
- Setting up and closing down a kitchen
- Working towards preparing, cooking and serving all food from the menu
- Understanding how to menu plan
- Understanding food allergens and legislation around this area
- No desired qualifications.
- To be able to work under pressure;
- Must have a passion for cooking and be able to show it.
- A genuine passion for food;
- Be able to take instruction in a sometimes hectic environment;
- Be happy to work evenings and weekends.
- Commis Chef Level 2 or Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard (formerly NVQ);
- Maths & English functional skills (if required);
- On job training and mentoring of:
- Basic culinary skills;
- Health and safety;
- Knife skills;
- Food preparation;
- Learning a wide range of cooking methods;
- Developing an extensive portfolio;
- Presentation and plating skills.
- Employability skills;
- A dedicated HTP training consultant to up skill and develop you to successfully complete your End Point Assessment.
- Minimum of 30hrs per week;
- Shifts will include evenings and weekends.
- Apprenticeship wage to start.
Expected Apprenticeship Duration:
- 13 months.
Possible Start Date:
- As soon as possible.
Please only apply for this once in a life time opportunity if you have a genuine passion for food and want to work in this high energy sometimes intense industry.